News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

[Solved] Dictation to other software not working

Started by Mabalingwe, Jul 31, 2015, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabalingwe

First let me say that having downloaded Braina and upgraded to Pro yesterday, I am quite impressed so far.

My primary reason for subscribing is to use it for dictating into other applications such as MS word or notepad.
This is mentioned in the advertising.
However, so far I have been unable to make this work.
I can dictate into Braina, but when I try to dictate into notepad, nothing happens.
I have tried using just my laptop and using my android smartphone as a microphone with the same result.

When dictating using my laptop it just sends the dictation to braina which then tries to answer as if it was a question.
At the moment I am having to copy from the speech window, which rather defeats the object.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

As a supplementary question. Can anyone point me in the direction of some more detailed tutorials on dictation, particularly commands for correcting and /or editing dictated text.

Any help would be gratefully received

saurav

@Mabalingwe

Hello,

Please follow the steps below to dictate using microphone connected to PC:

1) Make sure you have Chrome browser installed.
2) Click on the microphone button (blue button on the bottom-right side of Braina's window). This will open a new window. If it asks for permission, click on Allow button. If everything is fine, the blue microphone button will turn red.
3) Type or say "Dictation mode on" (without quotes)
4) Place the mouse pointer in the third party app in which you want to dictate and start dictating.

Similarly, you may also use Android app to dictate.

Check out the last part of this video for dictation demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSo1cHKxHSM