News:

Artificial Brain feature is now activated.

Main Menu

Automate keystrokes

Started by Franck E, May 31, 2015, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franck E

I am having a few issues with the automate keystrokes commands.
For example, if I say "press enter", it does understand and reply "done", but does nothing. Do we need to configure or do anything?

Then, let's say I would like a command that would e.g. "press tab 5 times" What should I do? where should I enter?

saurav

@Franck E

If you input "press enter" then the word enter will be typed. If you want to emulate pressing of the Enter key then you will need to input "press {ENTER}"

To automate pressing of Tab key 5 times, you can use the following command: "press {TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}"

You can create a custom voice command, say "press tab 5 times" to make things easier. To do so, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to Tools menu-> Custom Commands
  • Click on the button with the + symbol
  • Enter command name as "press tab 5 times" (without quotes) and click on OK

• Enter command to be executed as "press {TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}" (without quotes) and click on OK

• Done. Now you can use the command "press tab 5 times" to emulate pressing of the Tab key for 5 times.

To know more, see Automate Keystrokes.

Franck E

This is exactly what I was after, and I confirm that it works great.
Thank you very much.

Franck E

On a possibly similar subject, I really need to have the "AutoRead Copied text" function automatically started on boot.
I am trying to have a custom command "press ^%a" (Ctrl + Alt + A) to select it, but without success.
Any suggestions by a chance?

Actually, I have found the solution, here it is:
press {APPACTIVATE Braina*} ^(%a)

saurav

@Franck E Thanks for sharing the solution.

shellyd

Custom commands like"press {TAB}" still not working with DICTATION MODE ON. No updates on this?

saurav

Quote from: shellyd on Mar 14, 2019, 01:23 PMCustom commands like"press {TAB}" still not working with DICTATION MODE ON. No updates on this?

Custom commands works only in command mode and not in dictation mode. Dictation mode is used to type in third party software or website.

shellyd

I know that custom commands work only when Dictation Mode is OFF. However I have windows applications that require the custom command enabled when the Dictation Mode is turned ON.

Will Brainasoft release an update with custom commands working in Dictation Mode ON? Or Atleast as an option in the settings and option menu.

saurav

Quote from: shellyd on Mar 28, 2019, 11:18 AMI know that custom commands work only when Dictation Mode is OFF. However I have windows applications that require the custom command enabled when the Dictation Mode is turned ON.

Will Brainasoft release an update with custom commands working in Dictation Mode ON? Or Atleast as an option in the settings and option menu.

If it is a requirement for your use case then we will definitely add such option but we cannot commit to any time frame.

saurav

Quote from: shellyd on Mar 28, 2019, 11:18 AMI know that custom commands work only when Dictation Mode is OFF. However I have windows applications that require the custom command enabled when the Dictation Mode is turned ON.

Custom Commands now work in Dictation mode! Read more here: https://blog.brainasoft.com/braina-1-50-changelog/