News:

Artificial Brain feature is now activated.

Main Menu

Dictation Microphone

Started by mike@michaelhiltz.com, Feb 23, 2017, 02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike@michaelhiltz.com

I purchased Braina last night after trialing it.  I am very impressed with the accuracy and features.  I hope to stick with it but there is one issue that may be a deal-breaker.
I am using an android phone to dictate into a windows 10 machine into an application in the chrome browser.
when I am dictating medical notes occasionally I will pause to think of how to phrase something.  During this time the microphone stops and I have to hit the microphone again (on the android phone).  The pause may be very slight and still the microphone stops and I have to tap it again.  Other times, if I have am dictating past 10 or so words the microphone stops and I have to hit it again and start over what I was saying.
is there a pause latency setting and is there a cap on the amount of input before the microphone shuts off?

Best,
Mike

demond0jones

I have noticed this also Mike and the quickest way I have found to get the response back in Braina is to press F5 on the recognition box itself.  It does appear to have a certain amount before it stalls and goes unresponsive.  I look forward to a response on this one.

mike@michaelhiltz.com

F5 doesn't seem like a good solution as I am referring to the android app/mic stops.  The application on the computer works fine.  Its the android app that turns off.  In dictation mode the mic on the android should stay active and keep listening yet it does not.  I keep having to press the mic button on the app.  Android 7.1.1 OnePlus 3, desktop is an i3 with 6 gigs of RAM and Windows 10. 

Any solutions?

saurav

@mike@michaelhiltz.com We can't change that behavior because the microphone recording time is decided by the Android OS itself and not by our app. We are planning to implement our own system but it may take some time.