News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

speech recognition training?

Started by user1010, Jun 15, 2018, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

user1010

Braina's speech recognition is really impressive. However, I'm finding there are some specialized words in my field it is having trouble recognizing. I've used the voice recognition aliases feature and it is helpful, but it's very tedious. I'm wondering if there is any way to "train" Braina to recognize certain words (for example by listening to me reading a text file with them?). Thanks

saurav

There is no such option to train Braina because there is no need to. Braina automatically understands different accents very well and does better than any speech recognition software which offers training.

user1010

As I said at the beginning of my post I agree that the speech recognition is quite good. However I do not agree that there is no use for training. I've just given you a very clear example of what it would be useful to train Braina. There are words that I need it to recognize that it is currently not recognizing correctly.  These words are specific to my line of work and not commonly used in everyday speech which is why the program is not recognizing them. I can use the voice recognition aliases function, but it takes a lot of work because it doesn't make the same mistake every time.

Let me give you an example:
one of the words I need it to recognize is "enophthalmos". Here's some of the mistakes it makes when I try to say that word:
"Thelma's"
"enough salmos"
"NFL most"
"enough Elmos"

so if I want the program to be able to recognize that word I have to put in at least those four aliases. On the other hand, if I could simply train the program that when I say something that sounds like that I mean enophthalmos, that would make the dictation more accurate and save me a lot of trouble. I'm not talking about training in the way that most speech recognition software is do it. I'm talking about adding an option to train the program to recognize specific words or to give specific words higher priority for a specific user.

saurav

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. We have forwarded your suggestion to our development team.