News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

Braina advanced dictation commands

Started by RickC, Jun 11, 2020, 04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickC

hi I am a new Braina user and having a lot of fun learning how to get the most out of it on my Windows machine. In fact I'm using it now to dictate this topic. I frequently use the application to do voice dictation in to email word and websites. There are certain dictation commands that I'd like to take advantage of that I don't see listed and don't seem to work when I try to use them. Things like being able to select a word and spell it, being able to position the cursor at the beginning or the end of a line, start a bulleted list. Are these more advanced dictation features not a part of the dictation function within the application?

I'm looking forward to learning more as I get to utilize braina and become more efficient with it. I hope I hear there are ways to accomplish the things I have mentioned. Thanks for your response.

saurav

Hi Rick,

You can control cursor movements and start a bulleted list by creating custom commands and automating keystrokes: https://www.brainasoft.com/braina/automate-keystrokes.html

For example, in Microsoft Word, to move to the start or end of the document, you can automate Ctrl+Home or Ctrl+End

or if you automate pressing the "home" or "end" keys, it makes the cursor jump to the beginning or end of the line that it is on.

RickC

Thanks saurav. Any thoughts on selecting a word to correct it or spell out a word to ensure its spelt correctly?

RickC

Saurav i may be dense here but once i set the Press End and Press Home custom commands how do i generate the command? Do i say "Press End" while in Dictation mode?

saurav

You need to say the command name that you created for press {END}. If you created "press end" command, you can say "press end". If you created "end of line" command, you should say "end of line".

saurav

Latest version of Braina has many advance inbuilt dictation commands. Link: https://www.brainasoft.com/braina/dictation-software.html#dictation_commands