[Solved] Questions about dictation mode.

Started by adrianp, Apr 06, 2016, 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrianp

Hi there, I installed Braina a couple of months ago, for the purposes of dictation.
Initially I just played around with it for a few days, as I was not ready to start my project and was impressed with how easy it was to use.

Now I want to use it seriously and am wanting to dictate some notes into word documents but I can no longer get it to work - I turn dictation mode on , put my curser in the word document and nothing happens when I talk.

If I just use the voice recognition mode when I talk the correct words appear in grey, but Braina itself doesnt do anything, and the the words just disappear after about 30 seconds.

eg I will ask - open word - the words "open word" appear in grey in the speech recognition box, but do not appear in the braina dialogue box and then disappear after about 30 seconds, the voice recognition box refreshes and says begin speaking and the process is repeated.

If on the other hand I type the command then Braina opens word immediately.

So it seems that the voice recognition is recognising my words OK but this does not get transferred either as a command in normal mode or as dictation in dictation mode, and also the voice recognition just seems to turn off after about 30 seconds of silence and anything I have said just vanishes.

It is all a bit frustrating as it seemed so easy to use when I first installed it but now I cant really get it to do anything useful.

I am sure I must have some basic misunderstanding. Can you say what I am doing wrong? Thanking you, adrian

saurav

Hi @adrianp, we have fixed the problem now. Please click on the microphone button and then press Shift+f5 key on the speech recognition window to refresh it. Now the words will not remain grey for long period and will get transferred sooner.