News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

[Solved] Limitations in Dictation Mode?

Started by bill144, Aug 29, 2015, 11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill144

I just bought this software and I tried dictation mode to see if Braina can write whole paragraphs on my email. However, I noticed it can only dictate up to 144 characters or so. Is there a way I can make Braina type more than that?

The method I have done is as follows:

Open Email
Compose Email
Open Braina
Click Microphone Icon
Say "Dictation Mode On"
Click on Body of Email
Say "Type <Enter Words>"

saurav

@bill144 We are not able to reproduce this problem on our system. Can you please provide the following information:

1) Please mention your Windows OS version
2) Please mention your Chrome browser version
3) Does this happen every time when you try to use speech recognition or on few occasions?
4) Please mention about your microphone type.
5) Are you sure it only recognizes exactly 144 characters every time?
6) Does it stop dictating when you are still speaking or does it stop after you have paused speaking for a while?

bill144

I have determined the problem with regards to Dictation Mode. It seems that if I am talking too fast and not too clearly, Braina is unable to dictate continuously and either dictates the next understood word or stopped completely. But by speaking close to the microphone and talk slowly and clearly, Braina is able to write down the words except that it does not provide any quotation marks.

I've figured this problem using two machines, my main machine, of which I use the registered version, and one with the free version.

The main machine (Braina PRO) is of the following:

Windows 7 64-bit
Latest version of Google Chrome
Microsoft Lifecam (built-in microphone and webcam)

The other machine (Braina Free) is of the following:

Windows XP 32-bit
Latest version of Google Chrome
Logitech USB Microphone

All that's left is to figure out how Braina will give the like punctuations like periods, apostrophes, question marks, etc when in dication mode.

Thank you again.

saurav

@bill144

Hi, you can use the following words to give punctuation marks.

• full stop
  • question mark
  • exclamation mark

For giving other punctuation marks, you will have to use the Voice Recognition Aliases Feature as shown below:

• Please install the latest version of Braina i.e. 1.31
  • Go to Tools menu -> Voice Recognition Aliases
  • Click on the "+" button. Now it will ask to enter alias name. Enter the name of the punctuation mark that you want to add. For example, "apostrophe" (without quotes). Click on Ok.

• Now it will ask to enter the alias value. Enter the punctuation mark symbol. In this case we will enter the apostrophe symbol as shown in the image below. Click on OK button.

• Done. Now whenever you will speak the word "apostrophe", Braina will display the apostrophe symbol instead of showing the word apostrophe.

Tip: Using an external microphone or Braina's Android app may increase the speech recognition accuracy.

Mabalingwe

I cannot get voice recognition aliases to work.
For instance, I created an alias called Caps Lock with the command line
 press {CAPSLOCK}
I speak Caps Lock with dictation mode on but al that happens is  the phrase press {CAPSLOCK} is typed
I've tried it with several commands e.eg. Shift key with the command line press {SHIFT}, but all it does is print the command line.

Any ideas?

saurav

@Mabalingwe You need to use Custom Commands and not Voice Recognition Aliases if you want to define your custom command in command mode. But it seems that you want to change between uppercase and lowercase while in dictation mode. This is not possible using Voice Recognition Aliases and you will need to specify "press {CAPSLOCK}" (without quotes) as custom command. You will need to disable dictation mode when you would like to give that command which defies the purpose. We will soon add the option in dictation mode to switch between upper case, lower case and title case.