News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

Dictation will not go into 3rd party applications (such as MS Word)

Started by farmerkeith, Mar 12, 2019, 11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmerkeith

I am a new user of Braina, which has been installed on my work computer by the IT staff there. It is running Windows 10.
Speech recognition works correctly with the Braina text window that is created when the microphone button is pressed. However changing focus to another application, such as Word or Notepad does not redirect the text, it continues to be placed in the Braina text window.
Looking for other people with this problem I found several. They received advice as follows:
1) Reinstall Braina as an administrator (right click on the setup file icon and select "Run as administrator")
2) Please make sure the following file "bhp.exe" exists in the installation directory (generally "C:/Program Files (x86)/")
3) Run Braina as an administrator
4) Make sure "bhp.exe" is running under the processes tab of Task Manager (type "open task manager" without quotes in Braina to open it)
5) Make sure no antivirus or firewall program is blocking "Braina.exe" or "bhp.exe".

All these points were checked as done and OK by the IT staff.
Text will still not be directed into the 3rd party applications.
This functionality is essential for Braina to be useful to us. Please tell us how to solve this problem.
thank you in advance.

saurav