News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

Speech Recognition Doesn't Seem to be Working

Started by Jaina, Jun 24, 2018, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaina

Hi, everyone:

I'm a new Braina user. When I'm in Braina and the microphone icon is red, I speak and nothing happens. When I say something, I hear a beep. If I click on the microphone, it says to install Google Chrome. I already have Chrome on my computer. I need help figuring this out. TIA. I'm using the free version of Braina.

Jaina

saurav

Hi Jaina,

This happens because you may be having Chromium browser instead of Chrome.

Please uninstall Chromium and re-install Chrome browser.

If you still face problem after following the steps because contact our support team through email: https://www.brainasoft.com/braina/contact/

AidanP

Hi everyone,

I recently downloaded the free copy of Braina with the intention to go PRO if all goes well.

I have set up everything and allowed Braina to hear me on google chrome but it doesn't register whenever I speak. In the main window I click on the Microphone icon, it turns red and opens the online speech recognition window. This displays a blue flashing light microphone and says "Speak now" but it doesn't register my speech. The first two times I tried it worked okay but has failed ever since. I tried re-installing the whole programmed but that failed and produced the same issue.

Some advice would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Aidan

saurav

@AidanP Are you receiving any error on the speech recognition window? Please test whether your microphone is installed and working properly here: https://www.onlinemictest.com

Alexis Pinchard

Dear Support,

I am a new Braina Pro user. I am french. The idea is good, but the reality of this application is disappointing, especially concerning dictation mode. I list some of the serious issues:

1) the text in the Braina box and in the third party application (MS word, Chrome, Antidote) is not the same. The text is the box is much better.
2) The punctuation works at random. Space and capital letter after "." are very rare. I get many unwanted ";".
3) Punctuation commands DO NOT WORK.
4) while using the android app for the wireless mic, the mic works only a few seconds, just for a little sentence, and thereafter I need to activate it again. It is so disturbing!
5) Note that while using the android app, the difference between the Braina box and the output in MS Word is not so important as with a complete windows process;

Could you help me? Thanks.

I have a windows 10 PC.
Thanks,
Alexis