News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

Your name eludes me!

Started by Clancolin, Mar 26, 2018, 08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clancolin

Hi.
I can say "Google" , "Siri", "Alexa" and "Cortana" and each assistant responds instantly. I say "Braina" and Braina types "Rihanna" or "Draenor" or "Greener" or "Bryn" anything except "Braina". That makes it very difficult to get Braina to respond.

I tried changing the name, but that didn't work. I tried changing the name and setting "Enable Voice Command Prefix" but that didn't work. I'm not sure what I can do next to get Braina to respond. I am using the same microphone for all the other assistants and Dragon Dictates with no issues. This is an issue, because if, for example, I say "Open Braina forum", I get the response "Unable to open draener forum", so this name problem is limiting my use of Braina.

As a Scot who delivers training for a living, I am used to speaking slowly and clearly, and the fact that I have absolutely no problem with other computer assistants understanding me suggests that it isn't my voice that is the problem. One possible solution would be to change Braina to something less likely to be misinterpreted. But I'm guessing that would be unacceptable to Braina's creators.

Am I the only one having this problem with the name? Has anyone a workable solution?

David

No, I have had issues in the past with this as well.  Even after the "voice training" thing.  It still does it from time to time.