News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

Random responses...

Started by David, Jul 19, 2016, 11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Braina suddenly says "ok" and starts listening... when I don't even have a microphone plugged in and didn't tell it to start listening.  I'll be in the middle of a movie or a game and it will suddenly say "OK"... and it stops my game and opens up a Google window.   This is a problem.

saurav

@David  Go to Tools menu -> Setings ,  untick "Enable Voice Activation Phrases" option and click on Ok.

David

It's already enabled.  This is WHY there's a problem.

DragonMage

UN-tick the box, David,  8)

David

How does un-ticking the box solve the problem?  The purpose is to have that command in place so that I can have Voice Activation Phrases.  Without it... I can't do that.  And doesn't that defeat the purpose of why I bought Braina to begin with??  It needs to be fixed so that it works properly.  Removing features we need ... doesn't solve anything and it isn't the answer.

saurav

@David  We changed "Start Listening" Phrase to "Braina Start Listening" to solve the problem but you commented on the release notes page that you were not happy calling it by its Brand name. So we reverted that change.

The only option to solve this problem is to change "Start Listening" (a two word phrase) to a three word phrase like "Braina Start Listening".

David

Perhaps "Computer Start Listening" or whatever we name the program.  Yes, I see your point.  Well taken.

David

Just a reminder.... while you do have a point... I wish to state again, that sometimes Braina starts listening even when NO words are spoken by the user. I don't see how adding another word ("Braina Start Listening") will solve this issue when it starts listening for no reason, at random... with no words spoken to instruct it to listen.

saurav

@David Even if no words are spoken by the user, background noise sometimes triggers the speech recognition window.