News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

Why Is Braina Speech Recognition So Accurate?

Started by Mikey_Speaks, Jun 25, 2016, 12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey_Speaks

I have tried every free Google based speech recognition app that exists in the Google store and none of them are as accurate as Braina why is that?

Also, what does Braina use for its speech recognition engine? Watson? Google?

Is there any chance of creating a totally local speech recognition app? I've noticed that if i'm not connected to the internet, then it can't do dictation. That is what leads me to believe it is using Watson or some sort of heavily modded version of Google's speech engine.

Mikey_Speaks

They are afraid to answer my question for some reason. They answered 1/3 of it in email and ignored the rest..... Great.

DragonMage

Quote from: Mikey_Speaks on Jun 25, 2016, 12:31 AMI have tried every free Google based speech recognition app that exists in the Google store and none of them are as accurate as Braina why is that?

Also, what does Braina use for its speech recognition engine? Watson? Google?

Is there any chance of creating a totally local speech recognition app? I've noticed that if i'm not connected to the internet, then it can't do dictation. That is what leads me to believe it is using Watson or some sort of heavily modded version of Google's speech engine.

As far as I know, they use Google Chrome for voice recognition. That's why you need to be connected to the 'net. From what I understand, voice recognition takes a LOT of computing power, so I don't think we'll be lucky enough to see a local speech recognition app or plug-in anytime soon. Even Microsoft Cortana needs to be connected to the internet for voice recognition.

Mikey_Speaks

Quote from: DragonMage on Jun 26, 2016, 04:05 PM
Quote from: Mikey_Speaks on Jun 25, 2016, 12:31 AMAs far as I know, they use Google Chrome for voice recognition. That's why you need to be connected to the 'net. From what I understand, voice recognition takes a LOT of computing power, so I don't think we'll be lucky enough to see a local speech recognition app or plug-in anytime soon. Even Microsoft Cortana needs to be connected to the internet for voice recognition.

What I don't get is why is Braina so much more accurate than ANY other iteration of Google's speech engine? I've tried just about every other app that is available that uses Google's speech engine and Braina is the best and it gets words right that the others get wrong. I'm a ChromeOs user and I'm trying to figure out how to use it in WINE or even in VBox so that I can go Pro tomorrow and start using Braina's dictation tomorrow.

saurav

@Mikey_Speaks Hello. We asked our R&D team about it and unfortunately they do not have permission to reveal such in-depth technical details to public.

As per our experience, Braina doesn't work in WINE. Braina only works on Windows OS. Braina should work fine in a Virtual Box though.

Mikey_Speaks

Thank you!

I've given up going the Linux route and have been given an 8 year old Dell business class laptop with Win 10 on it. I put Dragon on it and it runs pretty well but it can get a bit buggy.

I'm about to purchase the pro version of Braina right now and give it a run on this laptop and see if it gives me a little bit more performance.

I do think that going the Braina route via vbox is a great idea for people who are set on remaining in a Linux environment, I am not and just want tools that work in the best manner!

Asterix

Quote from: saurav on Jun 28, 2016, 03:35 AM@Mikey_Speaks Hello. We asked our R&D team about it and unfortunately they do not have permission to reveal such in-depth technical details to public.

As per our experience, Braina doesn't work in WINE. Braina only works on Windows OS. Braina should work fine in a Virtual Box though.

Hello,
I am a linux user. I will be interested in a Braina solution in a Windows VirtualBox virtual machine. Is this already tested?