News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

Dictation Mode - Aliases and third party typing not working

Started by Confused, May 02, 2016, 06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Confused

I can't get the software to work properly. I have Google Chrome installed, I click on the microphone icon, I allow the microphone to be accessed, turn on Dictation Mode... But it doesn't ever type into third-party software. EVER. Not in Notepad, not in Word, nowhere. I bought the Pro version so I could use it in Portuguese as well, but even in English it isn't working as it should, and there is a very annoying issue with it writing "comma" instead of putting it in.
It makes silly mistakes and there's no way to correct them. For instance, I just said "for two" and it interpreted it as "42". There is no way to correct anything on here. No "correct" command. As for the "comma" issue, I put it into the aliases, but it still gets it wrong. And I can't get the software to recognize its own name, even though I have put in all sorts of aliases for Braina. It insists on continuing to say Brina or Brianna and all other sorts of things, no matter how many times I put it in aliases. It absolutely never says Braina.

I'd like it to work properly, aliases to work, and it to type into third party software.

saurav

@Confused It looks like your system specific problem. Are you sure you are turning the Dictation mode on and placing your mouse pointer in the third party software? The Voice recognition alias feature works only when you dictate in third party software. The speech recognition window which pop ups when you click on the microphone button does not show the corrected word or phrase. The correction is noticeable only in the third party software or website. Please ensure the following and try again:

1) Reinstall Braina as an administrator (right click on the setup file icon and select "Run as administrator")
2) Please make sure the following file "bhp.exe" exists in the installation directory (generally "C:/Program Files (x86)/")
3) Run Braina as an administrator
4) Make sure "bhp.exe" is running under the processes tab of Task Manager (type "open task manager" without quotes in Braina to open it)
5) Make sure no antivirus or firewall program is blocking "Braina.exe" or "bhp.exe".