Love Braina! Noticed a few issues with the program though...

Started by Mirage, Feb 12, 2016, 02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirage

Hi,

First of all I want to say I love this program!   :D I recently have developed  RSI  in both arms, and Braina  makes life a lot easier  to run my computer  through voice commands.  I have noticed several points however,  Where the program could run smoother.

I have created custom commands  for the arrow keys on the keyboard  to navigate my folders.  Up,  down,  and right,  all work well  but the command  for the left arrow key  does not function properly.  I have written the command as "press {LEFT}"  without the quotes,  and it seems to press the  left brace key "{"  instead.  As such, I cannot navigate  my folders using the left arrow key  custom command,  and instead have to resort to using the mouse  or the physical key on the keyboard  to navigate where I want to go.  When I sort files,  I can only go in one direction (right)  because only the right arrow key command works  which makes comparison  between files really hard for me  as I can not  go back to the previous file  that I looked at.  I'm not sure if this is a  programming malfunction in the program  But a fix would be  greatly  appreciated.

The second issue that I noticed  is that Braina  creates a lot of unnecessary spaces in dictation mode.  I have created  custom voice aliases for quotation marks  and if I want to  write some of my novel  through dictation  without doing a bunch of serious editing later,  I have to constantly voice  the " backspace " command  to clean up the extra spaces.  As you can probably see,  I am dictating this forum post  through Braina  and I am  not bothering  to clean up the spaces as I go. There are  a lot of  Double spaces  being created as I go,  appearing after  quotation marks,  and words if I stall for a few seconds before voicing the next word.  a new space also appears  after voicing  the built in  command for " new paragraph. " When I type,  I am used to creating perfect grammar  and spelling with no mistakes whatsoever,  and while I don't expect Braina  to  perfectly duplicate my own keyboard skills,  it would be nice if the dictation mode  composition was a little smoother. 

also concerning  dictation mode, are there any plans to implement  a search and replace feature  like  the Dragon Naturally Speaking software has?  It would  make editing in dictation mode a lot easier and faster  To be able to go back and correct a couple of words  without having to delete everything of the last sentence that I spoke  and dictate all of it again over and over until I  make sure there are no typos  in the  sentence.  :P

I was also wondering if there is any way to  specify holding a key  for a certain amount of time rather than just one repetition.  With this program, it is not easy to  switch between all of the open files, tabs, and folders,  on my computer.  I am familiar with the  keyboard command in Windows, "ALT+TAB"  and I was wondering if there is any way to duplicate that with Braina. in order for that command to work,  the Alt key must be held  while the Tab key  is pressed however many times.  I have explored this program's many capabilities  but have not  yet figured out  a command that allows  For the simulation  of pressing and holding a key  for an amount of time. If that capability is not currently  a function of this program,  it might be a nice addition to it in the future.

anyway, thanks for taking the time to read all of this. Feedback is appreciated.  :)

saurav

@Mirage

Thanks for the suggestions. We have fixed the double space problem in dictation mode in the latest update i.e. version 1.34 . We are also working on the other bugs.

saurav

@Mirage We have fixed the bug with the "press {LEFT}" command in the latest update.