News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

Voice screenshot and virus (false positive) issue.

Started by David, May 19, 2016, 08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

AVG just told me that the latest Braina had a virus and REMOVED MY ENTIRE PROGRAM!!!!  When I tried to re-install it halted the installation and deleted the SETUP program!! SEE SCREEN SHOT!!!

I paid for this!! What have you DONE!!??   Now my computer is acting crazy!!  And I have all my notes and tasks SAVED on Braina!!  Are they just WIPED OUT, NOW!!???

saurav

@David There is no virus in Braina. Please report false-positive to AVG and create exception for Braina in your antivirus. Scan report of 56 best antivirus software: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9132cfca5b5be22d5768214f4af0eaeef9306168af6dbae25f3692faf972b5c9/analysis/

saurav

@David, Seems like a third party software (probably a audio virtual cable) is passing speaker output to microphone on your PC. Type "open sounds" (without quotes) in Braina to open the Sound property window. Please select a proper playback and recording device and click on Ok. If it still repeats itself then enable voice command prefix from Settings menu of Braina.

David

it's set to "headphones" like it's always been set.  Nothing has changed.. except your update.

David

So tell me what's changed, that suddenly my antivirus is deleting Braina because of "suspicious activity" and then deletes the install file!!?  what have you changed in this update that is causing the false positive??  I think that's a fair and realistic question. It's also failing malware scans. so, if we are continuing to use this program I think we have a right to know what's recently changed in this update that is suddenly causing the problem.

David

In case you missed this... it's listening to itself, even when I have headphones on... which means it's listening internally via the sound card.  No other program is doing this.  No changes have been made on my system.  Now... for comparison... if I UNINSTALL the recent update of Braina... and RE-install the previous version... the problem goes away.  Do you know what that means, guys?   It means the problem is in your update, and not my system.

Maybe you should look into that.  Because there are a lot of quirks with this update.  The last update resolved a LOT of issues.  Things were finally working well.  This one seems to be a disaster, complete with what you call "false positives" on two virus scanners and a malware warning. 

It can't even just tell me the TIME without an issue that wasn't present before.

When can we expect this to be resolved?   Please don't say "on the next update in 3 months".

saurav

saurav

@David We are not able to reproduce either of the issues you are facing. Braina does not have any capability of "listening internally via the sound card". In fact, Braina does not even listens to your microphone. Speech recognition is completely online and the web browser software does that. It might be possible that your headphone microphone is catching speaker sound.

And as far as "false positives" are concerned, it is something which needs to be fixed by your antivirus software provider. Please contact them regarding this issue.

David

The false positives never occurred until the latest update.

Also... as i SAID before, if you bothered to read my post... I'm using HEADPHONES... so there is NO way the microphone is picking up the speaker when i am wearing headphones, NO speakers... and the volume set VERY low. 

It IS happening... I sent you a screen shot.  Fix it.

Brainasoft Team

@David Antivirus software generally relies on a database of software signatures. When some changes are made to a software, the software signature changes. Your antivirus provider may not have added Braina's latest version signature to their safe list and as Braina has complex features such as Keyboard automation and voice control, the antivirus heuristics may be suggesting it as a potential threat. The only party that can solve this problem is your antivirus company. Please contact them for more information.

P.S. We have scanned Braina's latest version with VirusTotal (a Google company) and it shows zero detection rate. VirusTotal scans a file with 56 best antivirus software. None of the 56 antivirus (including the likes of Kaspersky, Comodo, AVG, BitDefender, ClamAV, ESET-NOD32, McAfee, Microsoft, Symantec etc.) detected a virus in Braina. Here is the scan report: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9132cfca5b5be22d5768214f4af0eaeef9306168af6dbae25f3692faf972b5c9/analysis/