News:

Artificial Brain feature is now activated.

Main Menu

Custom Commands Help

Started by dageeza, Jun 30, 2020, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dageeza

Please can you advise how I can create/use simple custom commands which I have created, but to which Braina's response is "You can ask me to set an alarm" or "If you like me, please let all your friends know about me.
Click here to search your input on the web"

The commands I have created are :-

Italics ^(i)
Bold ^(b)
Underline ^(u)

These are to be used to initiate/stop italics, bold and underline for specific words/phrases/sentences within the likes of Word, PowerPoint etc.

Thank you

dageeza

I have managed to work out what I was doing wrong (I omitted the "Press" word from custom commands), however I do have one question still. If, say you have created a custom command called "Bold" which toggles bold on/off, assuming you have to use the word "bold" in a sentence, is there any way (other than by manually changing it afterwards) to tell the software to NOT use the custom command for the word ?

My assumption is the work around is to name the command "Type Bold" instead of simply "Bold" ?

Finally, is there any way to change the command once you have created it ? I can see you can change the actual action, but it does not seem as if you can change the naming (so I can edit the press ^(b) but I do not seem to be able to change the name "Bold" to "Type Bold") ? Looks like the only way is to delete the custom command and re-enter it with new name ?

saurav

Yes, you can use voice recognition aliases feature and make alias for "Type Bold" with value "Bold" to type "Bold" when "Type Bold" is spoken. Yes, you cannot change the command name but only value. In order to change name you will have to delete it and recreate command with new name.

dageeza

Thanks Suarav

This can be closed as resolved.