News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

Braina for genealogy

Started by codeM, Jun 03, 2020, 08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codeM

I got Braina two weeks ago for no particular reason except I was having a bit of pandemic induced stir crazy and needed something to do. After a couple of days of playing around and getting used to the program, I got an email from a cousin asking if I had the date of birth for one of our ancestors. While looking up the information for her, I was thinking how nice it would be if there was a faster way of retrieving the information. Much to my surprise, it didn't take a great deal of effort to export some ancestors, manipulate the data into the form of an answer, and feed the file to Braina. Of course there were a couple of glitches along the way, but they were easy to remedy. The end result was Braina being able to tell me the birth date of 890 of my ancestors. I would never have thought Braina could be useful for genealogy, but with this early success with birth dates, I'm now in the process of writing a little program that will go through all 2300+ people in my database and create files for birth, baptism, marriage, death, and burial dates to teach Braina. As an added bonus, I've been using the note feature to make research notes as I work on my genealogy. Once I get the date program working properly, I'm going to try some more challenging questions such as where did the ancestor live in a particular year. That might be asking too much, but it's worth a try given how easy the birth date project was.

saurav

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Tip: You can also ask Braina age of a person if it knows the birthdate of that person.