News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

How to change dication language?

Started by Razvan, Apr 27, 2015, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razvan

I was really happy to read that you introduced this feature but am unable to find the way I could set up braina to understand a different language.
I have the PRO version and I did update to 1.26 (even re-installed the Android App).
The info is not present in the Help section ( I couldn't find it anywhere) so could you please reply on this topic with the instructions?

Thank you.

saurav

@Razvan You can now dictate (convert your speech to text in any software or website) in 9 languages using Braina PRO but it can only understand English language commands. The method to change language is shown here: https://blog.brainasoft.com/braina-1-26-changelog-release-notes/

Though you can create commands in your own language using the custom command feature. We will post a detailed article about creating custom commands in non-English language on our blog soon.

Razvan

Hello Saurav,

I can't seem to manage to make this work. The option is available in the PC interface, but I always use my Android app to dictate because the mic on my Laptop is not enough for the app and it doesn't "hear" me ...
All works great with my dictations in English but if I activate French as you explained and then try to dictate with the Android app in a Notepad file for example, it is still trying to understand me in ENglish. The results are at least funny, but I really miss this functionality ( being able to dictate in French, through the Android app, in another application then Braina ). How could I make this work? (there's no language switch in the Android app itself which would make everything easier, I guess.

Thank you for your reply.

saurav

@Razvan Options for other languages will be added in Android app soon.

Brian

How soon will the Android app be updated for other languages?  Is Chinese on the list of languages to be added?

The only reason we purchased the application is to test it for suitability to add text to speech capabilities to our commercially available Chinese application.  We are currently in the requirements phase for our next release and would be interested in possibly adding your product into the update as pinyin input via the Chinese Input Method Editor (IME) is very cumbersome and error prone. 

saurav

Yes, Chinese is on the list of languages to be added in Android app. Android app will be updated within two days to support other languages.

saurav

The update for Android app i.e. version 1.9 is now available. Go to Menu -> Settings and under "Speech Recognition Language" select an appropriate language that you want to use under "Speech Recognition Language" option.