News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

adjusting dictation "timeout"

Started by user1010, Jun 15, 2018, 09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

user1010

I am using the android app as my microphone for Braina and it is working very well. One of the main things I would like to use Braina for is dictating into other programs like MS Word.

However, I find that while I am dictating, if I pause even for a short moment to think about what I would like to say next, Braina automatically "times out", enters the text I spoke, and then the android app switches from listening mode to "type a command" mode so I have to press the microphone button again to keep speaking. When trying to dictate a paragraph of text, this really slows me down and makes it hard to do things naturally.

Is there any way to force Braina to keep listening until I say to stop, rather than automatically detecting when it thinks I'm done speaking?

saurav

The timeout in Android app is determined by the Android OS system itself and we have no control over it.

user1010

I found an easy way to solve this. I just installed a Android to PC mic application that allows you to use your phone as a microphone for your PC for any application including braina. the one I am using is called wo mic and it does not have a timeout.