News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

alphabetic hotkeys only - no numbers

Started by lucas.bibby, Mar 12, 2017, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas.bibby

braina does not seem to allow numbers to be used as hotkeys.  whenever braina is in focus, either manually pressing a hotkey including a number (to trigger either an autohotkey OR a braina hotkey) the number is not included with the modifiers and appears as inputted text.  same applies when using a simulated press to activate the hotkey.   counter intuitive that is because the options when setting a hotkey defaults a list starting with numbers 0-9.....

alphabetic letters work, just not numbers.

saurav

Seems like you are trying to automate hotkey press to trigger a custom command which will definitely not work as the hotkey is not executed in different thread. Also such behavior is not intended. Hotkeys are to be pressed manually and hotkeys with numbers are working fine if the keys are pressed manually.

lucas.bibby

I first noticed the problem when trying to schedule a simulated keypress through Braina.  But I have also seen the same problem when i simulate a keypress to execute a Braina command. And even when I manually press and hold the control key or the Alt key and a number (both on the numpad and on the 1-9 upper row) on my physical keyboard, it always appears as text in Braina window if Braina is in focus.  However, alphabetic keys work.  And WINkey + numbers still work.

And scheduling a task to press a modifier and a letter works.  just not numbers.

I have AutoHotKey, and use it to automate a whole host of things (scripts) with key press, and simulated key presses..  I can send key presses through tasker and eventghost from my android phone.  so I want to use that to have my phone send the good morning command to Braina on my home server when my android wear told my phone I was awake from sleep.  It works.  It all works.  I can call AutoHotkeys and/or initiate .ahk scripts from Braina, and have tasker send Braina input to initiate custom commands.  Or use tasker to send autoinput commands through Braina app on phone.  It all works.  Its just finicky..  Control or Alt modifiers and a number with Braina in focus always produces the number inputted as text in Brainas command box.  Even manually pressing.  

It may be something specific to my setup, but I cant find what.

I have tried reinstalling both AHK and Braina.  I have even tried with AHK uninstalled (not something i really want to do considering how much I use it).  and tried in a fresh win7 install on a VM.  modifiers and letters work in all cases, modifiers and numbers with Braina in focus or to initiate a Braina custom command with Braina not in focus by hotkey do not work in any case.  But with Braina not in focus I can use modifiers and numbers to execute other AHK's both physically and simulated.

Not a big deal, there are still plenty of other keys which all work.