News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

Hit or miss with custom commands

Started by lucas.bibby, Mar 12, 2017, 01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas.bibby

I have tried using autohotkey to establish hotkeys to perform tasks.   Sometimes this works.   Other times it is easier to have braina call a batch file.  I have created a bunch of batch files to perform some tasks braina struggles with.

the problem is I want braina to do more than one thing.  for example, echo something, open something, and press something.  or a combination there of.

I have found that using more than two press commands makes some of them fail.  also calling more than two custom commands also pretty consistently fails some of the commands.  

scheduling the commands to occur 20, 25, 30 seconds into the future also makes some commands fail.

most of the time when the commands fail braina still reports it has completed the task.

even one at a time, hit or miss.

I have tried many combinations of batch file, custom commands, hotkeys.

example, when braina starts I want to run my autohotkey script to activate autohotkeys.  easily called with a batch file or command line, or open command. then, also during start, I want braina to activate winlirc so I can send IR commands to devices.  also, easily called by those methods.  finally, after doing those two things, I want braina to turn my speakers on (winlirc command) turn on my projector (winlirc command) and then run my custom command "good morning"

all of these tasks can be performed individually in braina, or batched in batch files.  but braina cannot perform all these actions in one command, no matter how much of the weight is carried by batch or by braina.

I have attached some screenshot to illustrate.   you will have to take my word that i have tried multiple combinations, because after all the time i wasted trying it, i dont want to do it all again to capture screengrabs.

i have taken to using {enter} before and after the press commands to ensure that braina's field is clear.  misfire hotkey presses sometimes leave a character in the input bar.

note the "untitled.png" braina indicates it has performed the first two scheduled press commands.   it didn't.   Note "32untitled.png" custom commands list.   computer sleep doest work either.  (for that matter the built in Hibernate Computer command makes braina echo Hibernating Computer, but does nothing else.  hence my custom sleep command.  (worked out better because I actually want to do more at a time then just sleep.   after the sleep command I want it to trigger two tasks to shut down the speakers and projector before it goes to sleep. still i had to write an autohotkey (or a batchfile) to initiate just the sleep command to windows because the command requires arguments. custom command goto sleep does the same thing, and does work, sometimes...  other times (guessing around 30-40% of the time) at least one of the commands will fail.

all my autohotkeys and all my batch files work independently.  and when called one at a time from braina, they usually work.  although braina has a real hard time differentiating between a custom command and an unknown query.  probably 30% of the time when calling commands individually in braina it will ask me to rephrase according to the documentation. or says "what was that" or "im not quite sure....bla bla bla."  literally copying and pasting the exact same command usually makes it work.

I (now...  on this install, but not for the previous 7weeks on the other computer) have backups of all my autohotkeys, all my custom commands, all my batch files, and ill share them to anyone who asks (theyre dead simple, but may help in troubleshooting).

long and short, i have been toying around with braina on two different computers two totally different installs, over the course of like two months....   the list of bugs and limitations outweighs the usable features....    customization is braina's thing.  cant change google homes voice or name..  nor alexa's..   and customizing commands is why i bought braina.  performing custom tasks is what makes it powerful...  useful..   is there some patch code that would make braina check for custom commands matching a given query BEFORE handling the query any other way??   and future versions need to be able to better handle multiple commands, long command strings...   I always want braina to do more than one thing at a time.   with a few spoken words, i want braina to know exactly what I want and then perform those actions.   if I have to give each command individually, i might as well click it myself and it would be faster.  and I surely dont mind having to program braina with scripts and tasks and such to get it doing exactly what I want...  but when i do, i need it to work consistently.   support for contextual input in future versions would be awesome.  so braina can provided options and ask for input.  or accept a yes or no when braina asks if I want to search that on the web.  also, carrying variables from speech input would be super handy...  but most of all, look for custom commands first before handling the query any other way, and handle a handful of commands at a time..  the rest i can script around...  i have high hopes for braina..  

lucas.bibby

seems no matter what I do I cannot call a custom command as startup command

lucas.bibby

by setting a hotkey (an alphabetic hotkey, not numerical - see the post about hotkeys) for the morning script custom command, calling a batch to perform tasks then scheduling a press of the hotkey for the custom command....   it finally works....   ffs.    

still very hit or miss recognizing custom commands.  much of the time when I speak a command, although the speech to text resolves the phrase perfectly, braina often treats the custom command alias as an unknown query.   painful

saurav

Quote from: lucas.bibby on Mar 12, 2017, 07:36 PMseems no matter what I do I cannot call a custom command as startup command

What you are trying to do is schedule a custom command which is not a feature which is supported by Braina right now. You can schedule a custom command but you have to specify the complete command and not the command alias name.