What's the command to play music from my own collection?

Started by scotty272, Jan 19, 2017, 11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty272

Hi, currently when I attempt to play music, Braina always looks on the internet instead of locally so I end up with a list of internet based covers (horrible) never the original artist.  Is there a way to search locally first, then if no result go wider with the search to the internet... and, original artist first then if I'm really desperate, covers last? I had assumed this would be the natural progression, local (quickest) then escalate (longer).

Also, to give an example of another scenario;

Me: Show artist Boz Scaggs

B:  I am sorry. I am not able to do that just yet, but I will be learning it soon.

Me:  show album Silk Degrees

B:  Picture album or music album?

Me: music album

B:  Picture album or music album?

Me:  music album            (and so on, that dialogue ended up in a continuous loop)

So frustrating, is there a simple way to indicate where certain items are, ie music, videos, tv shows if they're in folders other than the standard ones?

saurav

@scotty272 Braina firsts searches music locally. If music is not found on local hard drives then only music is searched online. And instead of "Show artist Boz Scaggs" use "Search artist Boz Scaggs", "Search  album Silk Degrees" (without quotes) etc.

scotty272

Ok, thanks for that, I'll give it a go although I got the "show" command from the drop down lists including the music menu in the main window where it appears often.  Also, my music and in fact all my digital media is on a NAS, you're saying braina won't look there?

I have played music by command from that location previously, are you saying this is intermittent and by chance only?

[Edit] So, i'm not sure if you guys made an adjustment (i don't think there was a program update) but now I say "play [artist]" and bam! Or "play [track title]" and instant success. Even across a network and via wifi, flawless, thank you :)