News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

[Solved] Custom Commands won't work

Started by Minkey, Mar 03, 2015, 04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minkey

Hello I'm a Pro user,

New to the forums here, I tried looking for this but couldn't find an answer. I can't seem to get Briana to open the proper programs at all, after I've supposedly added them to the list of custom commands. When I say "open Trend Micro" for example it just opens the general program list in the
"Main Computer > OS (C:) > Program Files (x86)" instead of starting the program like i thought it would.  :-\

Also, I'd like some clarification on some things, just so I've got it "Teach Custom Reply" is how I teach it to respond to something I personally say or type right?

...and teach custom command is where I tell it to open Ebay.com, my documents, or start a game that's on my computer and place the URL or .exe file for it to find and then it's supposed to open that file, go to that website, or start what ever application I want then right??

I'm wondering if its a glitch from the new version of the 1.25 you sent out yesterday??

Anyways, if I've missed something here I apologize, I'm fairly new to this program, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

saurav

@Minkey , Welcome to the Braina Forums.

There are two ways to create custom commands for opening file, programs, folder or website.

1) By using Open Command Creation Wizard
2) By using Custom Commands dialog available in Tools menu.

1) Using Open Command Creation Wizard

To create a custom command using this method, you just need to enter a non-existent open command in Braina which will automatically open the Specify Path dialog as shown in the image below:

You need to correctly specify whether you need to open a file/program, folder or website by clicking on the appropriate icon while creating a custom open command. If you have created  your custom open command using this method then the "open Trend Micro" opens "Main Computer > OS (C:) > Program Files (x86)" folder in your case  instead of running the program probably because you might have selected "Folder" instead of "File/program" while creating it.

You may now create a new command for opening Trend micro or edit the same command. You can now edit the custom open command following the steps shown under the section "HOW TO EDIT PATH OF A CUSTOM OPEN COMMAND?" on this webpage: http://www.brainasoft.com/braina/open-command.html

2) Using Custom Commands dialog

This is an another method of creating custom open command:
  • Go to Tools menu -> Custom Commands.
  • Click on the "+" (plus sign) button.
  • It will ask you to enter command name. Enter open Trend Micro and click on OK button.
  • Now it will ask the command that needs to be executed. Enter open "C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\trendmicro.exe" (Note that the program path is enclosed by double quotes)
  • Done.

Important : The program path shown above is just for example. You will need to enter the correct path.

For more information about custom commands, check this link: http://www.brainasoft.com/braina/custom-commands.html

Minkey

Hi,

Okay cool, thanks guys. Yeah I finally figured it out, LoL. I think my biggest problem was realizing that you
needed to write the word "open" in the actual command line and not just the website URL, .exe or folder path.
It confused me a little, sorry about that. Anyways, I've got everything loaded up and ready to rock.  ;)

Had a couple of more questions if you don't mind though:

1). Now I know you can change Braina's name on the screen, but can you change the name so when I say the
word Jarvis ( yes I picked the Iron Man computer, LoL ) it will answer to this? The program doesn't want
seem to be able to change it's name.

2). Regarding the "Deep Learning" of your system, am I to understand that right now it cannot do this, but you guys
are working on an upgraded program to be released in April, and that version will be able to learn? I know you don't want to
say too much on this ability just yet, but any incite would be appreciated.

3).On the microphone aspect of this, my Braina seems to actually hear itself, and then try and answer its own questions
or words, LoL. It would be funny if not annoying. Anyways any suggestions on dealing with this. I have a desktop microphone.

Thanks for your help on this program, It's a lot of fun!  :D

saurav

@Minkey

1) Currently you can only change Braina's screen display name. Even if you change Braina's name to Jarvis and ask "What is your name?", it will reply "My name is Braina."

2) Braina's next version will have a cognitive computing system, one that behaves like our brain, understanding meaning of what we say, learning through experiences, finding correlations, and remembering — and learning from — the outcomes.

3) Braina may hear itself when the microphone is placed near to the speakers. To temporarily solve this problem, you may lower down Braina's volume or use Braina's Android App to command Braina wirelessly over a WiFi network using your Android phone or tablet.

Minkey

Hi,

Okay, thanks for answering my questions. Sounds like we've got some cool things
to look forward to, I can't wait!  ;D