News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

Will Braina support other languages than English ?

Started by matt3003, Jun 01, 2016, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt3003

Hi.

Currently, unless I'm mistaken, Braina only supports English as its "natural" language (to interact with Braina, you need to write / speak in English).

I know I can create custom commands in another language (the one that I am interested in is French), and I can dictate and talk to her in French (once properly configured), but she doesn't understand me, and can't answer me in French.

Since a lot of translation services have their own APIs (Google, etc..), it should be possible to have Braina understand and speak in other languages.
Yes, it would not be as natural maybe (translations are not perfect, but they are getting really good now - I tried with google translate a few "natural" sentences in french, then took the translation and pasted it in Braina, and she understood me perfectly) - but it would be a great addition.

Those APIs for commercial use are not free, I am aware of this - but considering that - just like Braina - their algorythms are "learning" the more they are used, it could be beneficial for them to allow your program to use their services.

Because unless I'm wrong, currently if I wanted Braina to understand and talk to me in another language (French for example), I would need to create a program that :

- Copy the text in the Braina window, to extract my last command I gave in French (to which Braina probably replied something like "I'm sorry I didn't understand that"), by getting the handle of the Braina window, and manipulating the keyboard to select and copy the text etc..
- Use a web translation API (Google, or Bing which is free up to 2 000 000 characters / month) to translate the text in english.
- Paste the english translation into Braina (still by getting the handle of the Braina window, and manipulating the keyboard to paste the text and simulate the enter key.)
- Copy the answer Braina gives in english, (again, handle, keyboard emulation ...)
- Use the web API to translate the text in French
- Use Windows or other program to read the answer to me at loud (If I wanted to hear it - otherwise I simply display it).

It's complicated, dirty, and could be simply unusable considering the level of keyboard and screen hijacking necessary.

So, will it be possible in the future for Braina to support other languages ? (other than for dictation and custom commands).

Thank you and keep up the good work on a great product that can only get better.

saurav

Yes, we are planning to incorporate support for other languages by the end of the year. Thanks.