Is there any way to send commands to Braina (other than from its window / voice)

Started by matt3003, Jun 01, 2016, 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt3003

Hi.

I'm still loving Braina, and trying to get the best out of her, by trying to have her get commands / information from other sources (from simple programs that I am creating).

My question is this one : is there any way to send commands / information to Braina, from command-line or with a web API ?
I know it's technically possible (after all, that's what the android app is doing - once it transcribed the text, it sends it to braina via wifi - braina is always listening for commands).

It may be possible using a web request / navigating to a simple url.

That would allow me to send data and commands to Braina remotely, from other sources (other programs).

A simple example : to help my disabled stepfather using braina, I would like to build a simple "big button", connected to the computer, that allows to go into / out of dictation mode, with a light showing when it's on - ideally for that I would also need to be able to get the information : is dictation mode on ?

So ideally, in a perfect world, I would need a web UI, or a simple API, or even just a way to send commands using the command line to the Braina executable (I would then find a way to parse the responses, etc..)

So, is there now, or will there be in a next version (in Braina Ultimate ?), a way to send and receive data (commands, get the status of dictation mode, talk to her, etc.. ) to and from Braina programmatically?

Thank you.

saurav

@matt3003 There is no way to send commands to Braina from other sources right now but we are planning to provide Web UI and/or API in the Ultimate version. Thanks for the suggestion.