News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

How can I dictate directly to MS Word?

Started by ring0, Jun 02, 2016, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ring0

How can I dictate directly to MS Word? I couldn't force Braina enter text to MS Word, only to Braina window. Besides, the text in the window disappears rapidly

saurav

Please follow the steps below to dictate in MS Word using microphone connected to PC:

1) Make sure you have Chrome browser installed.
2) Click on the microphone button (blue button on the bottom-right side of Braina's window). This will open a new window. If it asks for permission, click on Allow button. If everything is fine, the blue microphone button will turn red.
3) Type or say "Dictation mode on" (without quotes). Alternatively, you may also click on the D icon on the menubar. The icon will turn green indicating that the dictation mode is on.
4) Place the mouse pointer in MS Word or any other third party software in which you want to dictate and start speaking in the microphone. Whatever you speak will get typed in the field which currently has focus.

Note: You may also use Braina's Android app to dictate.

ring0

Quote from: saurav on Jun 02, 2016, 04:41 PMPlease follow the steps below to dictate in MS Word using microphone connected to PC:

1) Make sure you have Chrome browser installed.
2) Click on the microphone button (blue button on the bottom-right side of Braina's window). This will open a new window. If it asks for permission, click on Allow button. If everything is fine, the blue microphone button will turn red.
3) Type or say "Dictation mode on" (without quotes). Alternatively, you may also click on the D icon on the menubar. The icon will turn green indicating that the dictation mode is on.
4) Place the mouse pointer in MS Word or any other third party software in which you want to dictate and start speaking in the microphone. Whatever you speak will get typed in the field which currently has focus.

Note: You may also use Braina's Android app to dictate.
I tried - It doesn't work at all. All words appear only in new window with microphone. I use Win 7 64 bit Ultimate. I don't understand what I must do with Chrome. I dictated to MS Word, but now I have no result

ring0

I solved the problem. Another question - how to fix language? I need voice recognition in Russian

saurav

@ring0 You can click on "Change Language" option and then click on Pусский link to start speech recognition in Russian. To automate this process you can create a custom command, say "Listen Russian" with the following value:

press {appactivate Recognition}{DELAY 500}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}{DELAY 2000}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}
After you have added this custom command, you can click on the microphone button and then when the speech recognition window opens, you can simply speak "Listen Russian" and the language will get changed automatically.

Note: This will only work if Dictation mode is off when you give the command "Listen Russian".

P.S. We are planning to give language option in Braina settings in next update so that Braina can directly open speech recognition in selected language.