[Solved] Scheduled Tasks and time issue...

Started by David, May 21, 2016, 08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

After the latest update... I scheduled a task to begin at 6:59am.  It's not scheduling as 6:59am.  It refuses to.  It added an additional 50 seconds to it.  As these are netcasts being cued up to air on a radio station.. the TIME MUST be accurate when i schedule a task.  If I need it to start at exactly 6:59am... that's when it MUST start. You did something with the way it is reading time and scheduling time with this latest update.  You changed something.  Please note the screen shot.  The LAST item on the task list was added AFTER the recent Braina update.  The other from before the update.  As you can see... it's messed up.  I need it fixed.  Or I need a refund.

David

I need this issue resolved.  It IS a big deal..even if you don't view it as one.  The additional 50 seconds is time I need to run 2 commercial spots on my internet radio station.  We're talking about sponsors who, if they don't get their time slot... they pull their commercials and then I lose money. Braina worked flawlessly before this update.  I need you to fix this.

Brainasoft Team

@David We have not made any changes to the Scheduled task in the latest update. The schedule task time can be edited by clicking on the update link. Is the schedule task repetition based on selected days? If it is the case then select "None" as the repetition option, then edit the time to  6:59:00 am and then select the "On Selected Days" option and click on Ok.

Disclaimer: Braina is not designed or intended for performing time critical tasks or activities requiring fail-safe performance.

David

Braina was designed to launch programs and tasks at specific times.  Exact times.  When we say "Launch task at 7" it launches at 7.  That's what it was designed to do and that's what you said it WOULD do. Up until now, this has worked fine. This last update... things are not working as they should be.  And you DID alter the way Braina reads time.  

As for your comments... I DID try to edit the scheduled time by clicking on the update link.  It will not alter the SECONDS.. because that is not a GIVEN OPTION.  I can change hours and minutes... but it still ADDS the additional SECONDS (50) to whatever hours and minutes I CHANGE it to.  However... if i load the PREVIOUS version of Braina (before the update)... it performs flawlessly.  

So... please... don't tell me you didn't make any changes to how Braina is processing time and sequencing tasks on a time schedule... because someone on your team obviously did.  When can we expect this to be fixed?

saurav

@David Have you selected "None" as the repetition option? It allows to edit seconds (screenshot attached).

saurav

@David We hope that this issue is solved now.

David

It'll work.  It was never this complicated before