News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

Starting the microphone

Started by Tim, Feb 19, 2015, 05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Hello,  I am new here.  I just installed Braina. It looks great.

It takes though a while for Braina to start responding when I push the microphone button.  The little Window to speak opens and the microphone in it seems ready to go because the red circle is moving.  After 2 minutes or more finally it functions. Why is it taking so long before I can interact with it?

gr. Tim

Brainasoft Team

It generally takes 5 seconds for speech recognition to start functioning after you press the microphone button. The delay depends on factors like your internet speed, microphone quality, system configuration and background noise.

Tip: You can also use Braina's Android app to command wirelessly over a WiFi network.

Tim

I tried to install the app on my android mobile.  But it says that the software is not compatible with the phone allthough my android is up to date.  The android phone is already 4 to 5 years old..  HTC-desire.    but I think that shouldn't be a problem.

saurav

The app requires Android version 2.3 and up.

Franck E

My concern is not regarding the time it takes to start the microphone, but how it is actually started.
This system can be really useful for visually impaired, however the problem is how do they click the button to start the microphone?
Is there any ways to have the application starting fully ready, without a need to click anything?

Brainasoft Team

saurav

@Franck E  Now you can automatically start the speech recognition when Braina starts using the Startup Command feature. Just specify "start listening" (without quotes) as a startup command.

Franck E

Yes, this is definitely now working as it should.