News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

"Open calendar" custom command and feature suggestions

Started by DragonMage, Mar 13, 2016, 03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMage

First of all, I would like to say that I am a Braina Pro user and I like it very much. I have a couple of suggestions for you.

1.) When I ask Braina the date, it displays "Sun 03/13/2016 is today's date." and it verbally speaks "Sun Mar 13 2016" I would like for Sunday to be fully spelled out and for Braina to say Sunday not Sun.

2.) I am in the United States and we use Fahrenheit not Celsius. When I ask about the temperature, could I have it tell me the temperature in Fahrenheit only?

saurav

@DragonMage  Thank you for your valuable suggestions. We have received similar suggestion from other users and we will definitely add the option for selecting the preferred temperature unit in the next update.

DragonMage

I have another suggestion for you. I have Braina's volume set to almost the lowest setting and it still hears itself and will start responding to itself. I do have an internal microphone and don't really want to go out and buy a separate one. Would you have the programmers work on Braina not listening to itself? Please and thank you.

saurav

@DragonMage  You may enable "Voice Command Prefix" option from Settings menu to fix the problem. Note that you will need to speak the prefix each time you want to give voice command.

DragonMage

I have another suggestion/request. Would you enable Braina to open the calendar on my Windows 10 computer? It asks me if it is a file or program. I tell Braina that it is a program and it wants the file path, but the calendar is a Universal Windows App and not a Win32 program so I am unable to determine its file path.

saurav

@DragonMage  If there is a run command, command line or a keyboard shortcut to open calendar then we can create a custom command to open it. If there is no such option to open calendar then you may need to create a keyboard/mouse macro to open it.

DragonMage

Okay, I found something I hope will be useful. At the command line type "start outlookcal:" without the quotes (don't forget the colon on the end). The only downside to this is the command prompt window stays open until I close it.

Can this command be triggered by either typing or saying "Open calendar" or both?

saurav

Please follow the steps below to create "Open calendar" custom command:

1) Go to Tools menu -> Custom Commands

2) Click on the "+" (plus sign) button.

3) It will ask you to enter command name. Enter "Open calendar" (without quotes) and click on OK button.

4) Now it will ask you to enter command that will be executed when "Open calendar" is entered. Enter "cmd:start outlookcal:" (without quotes) and click on OK button.

5) Done. Now you can speak or type "Open calendar" (without quotes) and Braina will open calendar.

Note: Similarly, you can create custom voice command for any command line. Just use the "cmd:" prefix.

DragonMage

Fantastic! It works. Thank you so much.  :D

saurav

@DragonMage We have now added option to select preferred temperature unit in the latest update.

DragonMage

That is great!

DragonMage