News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

[Solved] Braina stops responding with third party voices

Started by Steve, Feb 27, 2016, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Briana stops responding after she (I am using a female voice, I have tried several voices and the same thing happens) answers vocally 3 times, on the fourth time I ask her anything she prints out an answer and won't talk, on the fifth time the programs crashes.
I have tried with and without a microphone.
I have uninstalled it taken care of registry and reinstalled the program, nothing changes

I just bought this program last night.
I am running Windows 10 64 bit, 8gig of ram and plenty of space on my harddrives
Can you help

Steve

saurav

@Steve  Hello, can you please let us know which voice you are using?

Steve

Yes I have tried

CereVoice - Heather
Ivona2 - Amy
Ivona2 - Eric
Microsoft David
Microsoft Zira

and all do the same thing, she talks 3 times (her original Hello, Hi etc) then answers 2 questions I ask, then the 3rd question I ask (her 4th time talking) she doesn't respond verbally, on the 4th question I ask the program stops responding

this also happens when she reads documents, on the 3rd time when she reads something she won't respond vocally, on the 4th time the program stops responding

saurav

Hi, we are unable to reproduce the problem on our system. Please send us the event crash log. Here is how you can find the event log: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=10449

Steve

Faulting application name: Braina.exe, version: 1.0.0.3, time stamp: 0x56c7f636
Faulting module name: Braina.exe, version: 1.0.0.3, time stamp: 0x56c7f636
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x001710ad
Faulting process id: 0x26c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d175979125e26b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Braina\Braina.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Braina\Braina.exe
Report Id: 3419b1f5-872f-47b5-a427-81c6b741708a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers]  0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2016-03-03T21:57:53.616655900Z

EventRecordID 22254

Channel Application

Computer Wiegand1

Security

- EventData

Braina.exe
   56c7f636
   Braina.exe
   56c7f636
   c0000094
   001710ad
   26c8
   01d175979125e26b
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Braina\Braina.exe
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Braina\Braina.exe
   3419b1f5-872f-47b5-a427-81c6b741708a

saurav

Hello, our development team looked into the matter and found that crash occurs because of installation of some third party voice like Ivona2 or CereVoice. Please follow the steps mentioned in the following post and let us know your observation: http://www.brainasoft.com/braina/community/index.php/topic,86.msg337.html#msg337

Steve

OK I tried Braina 1, Braina 2 and Braina 3 and none of them worked
I did uninstalled the Ivona voice and the Cere Voice and all I had left were the terrible sounding Microsoft voices.....Braina did work then.
I use the CereHeather voice for my Dragon Dictate program to read back to me, that is a softer and smother voice.

Are you going to try to improve the Braina to be able to use other voices besides the Microsoft voices?
If Braina cannot be fixed to be able to use other voices can I have my money back?

I do like the program, it seems to be one of the better ones on the market!!!!! other than the voice problem.

thank You
Steve

Raxer

I had a very similar issue steve, we are on different OS, but I was able to reinstall the Ivona2 voice - Amy and get it to work after removing all aftermarket ones

saurav

@Steve Our system is already SAPI 5 compatible and any other SAPI compatible voice should work with Braina. The problem isn't with Braina here. Some modules of the third party voice that you have installed are having bugs which is making it incompatible with Braina. We are not sure what is the exact problem and which voice is causing this. I have forwarded your request to our development team and we will surely fix it if the defect is from our side.

Steve

I contacted the creators of CereHeather Voice and this is their reply

Hi Steve,

I downloaded Braina and was able to replicate the problem. Our voices
are limited in the number of requests they can process simultaneously as
they are intended for use by a single user on a single device. It looks
to me like Braina isn't cleaning up the speech requests once they have
completed which means the number of requests is quickly reaching its
limit; if for example, you lock up the voice with Braina, it's also
locked up for other applications, the speech Control Panel. I think
Braina must be creating a new thread every time a new speech request is
made and not destroying the thread, which implies that it is leaking
memory. I haven't seen any other SAPI applications that behave in this
way, so I think it's something that needs to be fixed on Braina's side.

Best regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Could this info be of help to you?

Thank You
Steve

saurav

@Steve Thank you. This will definitely help our development team.

Steve

When I verbally talk with Braina, I noticed the Speech Box doesn't clear for a few moments using the Microsoft voices.
I re-installed the Ivona Amy voice and the speech box doesn't clear either
After about 10-20 minutes of continuous use (with any voice, the micorsoft and Ivona) the program stops responding and I have to shut it off and restart it

Steve

Steve

When I verbally talk with Braina, I noticed the Speech Box doesn't clear for a few moments using the Microsoft voices.
I re-installed the Ivona Amy voice and the speech box doesn't clear either
After about 10-20 minutes of continuous use (with any voice, the Microsoft and Ivona) the program stops responding and I have to shut it off and restart it.

I want to use the CereHeather voice, but from what I understand the Braina program isn't capable of using that voice and it does have problems with the Ivona Amy Voice after a prolonged usage, since the Briana Program does not clear the input and output Speech box.

Is the Braina program going to be patched? or can I have my money back?

saurav

@Steve Voices doesn't have any relation with speech to text or the speech box. We are working to solve the problem that you are facing with the voices and you will be probably able to use all SAPI compatible voice in next update. As far as speech box is concerned, please check this post: http://www.brainasoft.com/braina/community/index.php/topic,60.0.html

Steve

Ok i did what was said about the speech box and it didn't do anything.
The speech waits for a while before it clears, I say something and Braina answers I say something else Braina answers, etc, finally the program stops listening to my and a few seconds later clears the speech box and then starts over again, the program slows down with everything I say to it until it clears the speech box