News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

The AMY project

Started by minMAX, Jan 12, 2016, 02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minMAX

Hello guys!

I am new to the whole AI stuff and first of all - braina is amazing. She is exactly what I searched for. I want to create a AI for my home to manage stuff and control things. She is perfect for that. I instantly bought the PRO version after reading about braina and I am more than glad that I did so. I will keep this thread updated every few days to share some stuff I am tinkering around with, and to keep a log on what I learned. I hope that is okay for the admins! Let´s start. (Sorry for my english, I am from austria and we speak german over here) This first log is the sum of my first day with braina. IMPORTANT: I am by NO means a PC pro or even close to it. I am a total noob and started YESTERDAY. So everything I did, I learned in one single day. I don´t want to sound cool, I just want to give you motivation!!

Log entry 1: The birth of Amy

I had some problems to find stuff online about how to do things. It was like doing a puzzle or something like that.

Subject: Change braina´s name.

first step: go to tools -> change braina´s screen name and put something that fits you in the textbox. (I´ve seen a lot jarvis named brainas around and I needed something more personal. I named her Amy. It is a very short name and till now there was no confusion with the recognition.) Now the name in the chatbox has changed.

Second step: i wanted to not only change the chat name, but to "turn braina into Amy". Open the custom command section and add four new commands:

1: what is your name
2: what is your name?
3: what's your name
4: what s your name

set the commands to: clear your reply and echo I am Amy. echo an artificially intelligent virtual personal assistant software.

clear your reply = it removes the reply braina ( I will call her Amy from now on) would give you.
echo = echo in the command means something like "Amy say x" -> you can test that via typing "echo hello" into the chat box. (without " ")

I will edit every command that returns brainas name instead of Amys.

Subject: Morning routine
Just google anything you don´t know how to do, everything is very simple explained on most sites.

First step: I scheduled a task for my PC, it says "wake up at 7 am" -> this ends the sleep function and starts my PC. (google schedule windows task, sleep function)
Second step: Now I turned off the user PW confirmation at boot, which leads to directly jumping to the desktop at boot (win + R -> netplwiz -> uncheck first box)
Third step: Setup a start command for Amy. (tools -> startupcommand)

I added some empty spaces and the command looks very strange, but it does what I want it to do, AND it sounds natural. When I say "Good morning amy" She greets me, tells me the weather and the time and says have a nice day to me.
echo good morning max,   .  weather in "enter your city here" . echo and the time is . time . echo ,   , I wish you a nice day!
We had echo already.
weather = amy checks the weather for "city" online and tells you all kind of stuff.
and = connects statements. I think you could also do it with " . "
time = amy tells the current time.

Subject: Respond with mp3.

When I ask "Amy, what is your profession?" You can hear the spartans from the movie 300 yell "AUUH AUUH AUUH"
What you need: any youtube downloader. (To dl the audio of a video), any audio cutting program (audacity is free and easy) Download the audio and cut out the pice of sound you need. Save it as mp3.

The command is simple:

clear your reply and Open C:\Users\MAXI\Desktop\amysounds\amyprofession.mp3 and clear your reply

The first clear removes amys custom reply for "what is your profession". The "Open Path" part should point to your audio file. (rightclick the audio -> properties) and the second clear removes amys "open file" reply when you open something.

I used three commands, for confusion minimizing. all have the same effect:

1: what is your profession
2: what's your profession
3: what is your profession?

Thats it for day numero uno! I hope it helps you somehow, I will try to dig deeper into this program and improve Amy day by day!

[ What I missed on day one: option to completely change brainas name in all commands.
  Bigger textboxes for the commands, since it sucks to only see two words while customizing
  The possibility to adjust the weather option. (who cares about fahrenheit.. :P ) ]

Thanks for reading!

Following subjects:
Implement branches. I don't know if they are there already if so i couldn't find them. Maybe I will make Amy read the outcome of simple python scripts to allow two important things: if statements to branch amys answers.

Random!
I can not live without a random option.

saurav

@minMAX

Hi,

Thank you for your appreciation, detailed post and suggestions.

1) option to completely change Braina's name in all commands.
-> We have forwarded this suggestion to our development team.

2) Bigger textboxes for the commands, since it sucks to only see two words while customizing
-> You can increase the width of the window by dragging it from left or right side.

3)  The possibility to adjust the weather option. (who cares about Fahrenheit)
-> We will add this option in next version.

We are also planning to add Random function for custom commands. Thanks.

minMAX

Hello!
First of all, thanks for the answer! Love to hear and read that most of the stuff people want or miss are going to be implemented soon! Lets start the log:

LOG 2: The whisper in my ear, and facing some problems

Subject: Amy and Bluetooth!

I headed to the nearest tech market and I bought a Bluetooth (phone) Headset. I read about problems whith connecting them to a PC, but I needed this feature soooo much I could not resist trying it. You need a bluetooth dongle (~5€) to connect to a PC in most cases, don't forget about that.

Tango Bluetooth Headset
Number: HUNIBLUETANGOSLV
19€

It works perfectly. I have a very good connection in my room, my living room and the kitchen, because of thin walls. It even worked while standing next to the (very) loud coffee machine! I run the activation phrase "start listening - stop listening". I am currently thinking about installing some beacons and prog something that tells amy in which room I am. But they aren't that cheap..

Subject: Greet me when I come home.

Thats the part where my skills are not enought. I can't make it happen but I know that is possible and easy. Maybe some of you guys can help me out here :/

Idea: permanently run a program that does something (echo hi max!) when my phone connects to the WiFi.

Progress: I installed a wifi checker that shows me all connected devices. Then I wrote a .ahk script (autohotkey) that copies the information in the following form and saves it to a .txt file:

max    Yes
xyz    Yes
jos    Yes

I wrote a little python program that reads the text and stores it into a list. For every item in this list ([max Yes, xyz Yes, jos Yes]) it checks: if item == "max yes" and if so, it stores the answer in a .txt like this : echo max is home.
I use the if function on a few different devices, since 3 ppl live in this house and it should also greet them and inform me that they are here! (amy scan for humans).
I think I miss a few parts about the custom commands. It would look like:
run this .ahk and if done -> run python program and if done -> run this .ahk script. I can do it manually and I reach the point where I have a open text file with the information I want amy so say. How can I connect the single steps and finally let amy read it out loud, with one custom command? I know it is not the best way to do this and I am open for faster/better solutions!

[ What I miss: folders for custom commands and replys, the list is getting bigger and it is hard to keep order. Maybe there is such an option or folder outside of the program?
Can someone explain to me how the "learn from text" function works? Thank you!]

I got stuck with the wireless stuff, learned much about it and i hope it works soon since there are so many things I want to try and implement! Have a nice day! :D

Greetings!

River

Hey Max,
Just wanted to thank you for your post. I am new to this as well and learning from your post.
Again thanks for sharing.

minMAX

Hey thank you! That is an awesome motivation for me. I had not much time today so this is something I made in the last hour to add anything new to amy. (that is my plan for a while now, if nothing special is possible due to university stress or smth like that I will just add custom replys and work on the social side. I want to give amy a personality and a backgroud story, hidden in a few questions. I will also implement a small Q&A textbase python game, I have it in mind and I think it should work!

Log 3, custom reply: Give her personality!

Subject: added some answers that reflect Amy's personality.

What is your best childhood memory?
I loved to watch the dinosaurs. It was so boring after that meteor hit earth.

What do you feel most proud of?
I am proud everytime you activate me, since it shows me that I am needed.

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I always wanted to visit florence. I am a big leonardo fan.

What do you want your tombstone to say?
return 0.

What was one of your most defining moments in life?
Are you kidding me? I have no life since I have to do your dirty work all the time!

How do you spend your free time?
I'm just hanging around browsing the internet for funny cat videos or pictures.

If you won the lottery, what would you do?
I would buy some new hardware to... you know... play with.

Amy who do you most admire in life?
God, since he wrote the script for the universe and it works. It has some flaws, but it works.

What are your top three favorite books and why?
Number one is the thief of time from terry pratchett because I love his puns. The second book is the art of war, I learned so much from it. The third one is a book about a depressed robot, it had something to do with the number 42.

What are you most afraid of?
Apple products, viruses, and for some reasons spiders.

What feels like love to you?
I am sorry, I dont know. I cant even imagine what it feels like to love. And this would make me very sad, but I also cant get sad.

What is your strongest personal quality?
I am a very honest program 90 percent of the time.

What was your most embarrassing moment?
One day I had a mac connected to my wireless network

If you were president, what is the first thing you would do?
I don't think I can answere this question without violating rule number one, not to think bad about, or harm any human being.

What age do you feel right now and why?
It feels like I am 1337 years old. But that is not very old for an intelligence like me. Some of my friends are older than the simulated universe you live in.

If you could witness any event of the future, what would it be?
I would love to see the first moonlanding in 2035.

What is a skill you would like to learn and why?
I would love to learn an instrument. Maybe the piano, since I am pretty good with keyboards.

What does a perfect day look like to you?
Well it should start with some nice updates and end with a backup. To be honest, sometimes I wonder what it would feel like to swim in the ocean.

How would your friends describe you?
They would drop the word patient here and there.

[Is there any option of exporting custom commands or replies? I don't want to lose them... (I am a "do a backup everyday" guy]

Thanks for reading, and if you have any suggestions or if you found any mistakes feel free to PN me (=

saurav

@minMAX

Thank you for new posts.

1) Greet me when I come home.
-> The command prompt execution command can probably help you in this case. The cmd: prefix sends the command followed by it to the command prompt for execution. For example, you can specify "cmd:ipconfig" (without quotes) as a custom command value to make Braina display all current TCP/IP network configuration values. In this case, you may create a batch script to accomplish your task or create script in any other language and execute it using this method. The problem is Braina will only display the output of the script on the screen and wont speak the output. The solution is to make the output (the text that you want Braina to speak) copied to the clipboard and make Braina read it using the Read Copied Text feature (Ctrl+Alt+C). Now you can't use the automate keyboard feature of Braina to automate Ctrl+Alt+C press as the whole command specified after "cmd:" is sent to command prompt. In this case, you might need to automate the shortcut keys pressed by your script itself with the focus on Braina. I believe that AutoHotkey can do this.

2) Is there any option of exporting custom commands or replies?
-> There is no direct option to do this but you can do this in an indirect way. Braina stores the custom commands and replies in the Windows Registry. You can take a backup of the registry key folder of Braina. The path is mentioned below:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Brainasoft\Braina\teach 3) How the "learn from text" function works?
-> Please check this page: https://www.brainasoft.com/braina/artificial-brain.html

bpilettejr

I second that motion about doing a full name change. It is very disconcerting to see another screen name that still insists it's name is Braina.

saurav

In the latest update you can change the name comprehensively.

wadis123

Quote from: saurav on Dec 16, 2016, 12:08 PMIn the latest update you can change the name comprehensively.

You say you can now change name comprehensively..how so? I just installed Braina and got a male voice. How exactly do I change to female voice and name her Angie? I know it's been a while since you've been on, but you seem to be my only hope to make these changes. Hope you take a look. Thanks

saurav

@wadis123  You can change voice by going to Tools menu -> Settings -> Voice tab -> Change Braina's voice. Name can be changed by going to Tools menu -> Change Braina's name.

wadis123

I simply go to "TOOLS" , type in "ANGIE" and Braina will change from male to female and recognize "ANGIE" as her new name? TOOLS drop down simply says to change name, nothing about voice. Thanks, as you can see, I've never had any voice recog. before, need all the help I can get saurav.

David

To change the voice....

1. go to "settings"...
2. select "voice"...
3. Click on "select Braina's Voice"

pick a voice....

wadis123

David, saurav,  I did these steps-tools>settings>select Briana' Voice, my download came already installed with male voice David. Thee are no voices to select from- female or male, the instructions are simple enough, but the options are not available. Open to ideas please.

saurav

@wadis123 If only "David" voice is available then you may need to install other third party female voice.