News:

You dictate 100 languages including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi etc. Check all dictation commands: Dictation software commands

Main Menu

Can braina work with my dj software?

Started by mikehende, Nov 12, 2015, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehende

Hello guys, I use a music playback software named OTSAV, can be found here:  http://www.otsav.com/
That music software is a hybrid between Radio Station and DJ softwares and I would like to control it's basic features such as
"play x song" and looking into if braina would be able to find and launch any song I should call up within that software's music when it is running. That would mean braina would need to access the mp3's within the OTSAV software's library itself and launch the tune within OTSAV and not play the physical file on the HDD.

Yes, I can set OTSAV as the default mp3 player for my pc but I would like to know two things, if I can include the software's native .ots file type or would I be limited to only the files types native to windows such as mp3, wav e.t.c?

Or would I be able to have Braina use its own music database and not the default mp3's located on my HDD please? I will purchase the paid version if braina can work for me, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

saurav

@mikehende Hi, Braina can find most of the music file types on your hard-disk. We can also customize Braina for you, so that it can also find .ots file type. Please contact our sales team: sales [at] brainasoft.com if you want to customize Braina.

If you don't want to customize Braina, then you can create your own custom commands to open OTS file in the Pro version.

mikehende

Hello Saurav, I had contacted the sales team as suggested a couple of days ago but just asking here. To elaborate and clarify on my original question,our predicament is not braina finding any mp3 or OTS file I should command it to find then open up OTS and play it, that is not the issue, this we can already do having set OTS as the default mp3 player.The issue here is if we can customize braina to find and "play x song" or "set as next" by having braina find the tune "within the OTS library" while that music software is playing. That would mean braina would need to access the library in the OTSAV software itself and carry out the command of what to do with that tune within OTSAV and not the physical file on the HDD. Or maybe if Braina can use its own music database and not the default mp3's located on my HDD that might work too? So can you tell me if I should purchase the Pro version if it will be able to do the above by voice command please?

saurav

Braina can find music files on your harddisks and can't access OTSAV library. You can control music by giving commands such as "Play Akon", "Play Hips don't lie", "Play next song", "Play random song" , "Volume up", "Volume Down", "stop song", "play", "pause" etc. When you give command to play song by a particular artist or from a album then Braina automatically creates a playlist of all songs by that artist or from that album and lists them. And we are not able to understand this "Or maybe if can Braina use its own music database". Please elaborate what do you mean exactly by music database.

mikehende

Thanks for the response, still haven't heard back from the sales team. Anyway, another interested person experimenting with this on our music forums says:

"The ultimate would be that we could define Briana's music files types and also a group of paths for each file type.
Eg.
I want all .ots files in E:\Ots and also F:\HalloweenOts but I also have .ots files elsewhere on the hard drive that I want Braina to ignore.
and I don't want to use any .mp3 or .wav for this particular gig.
That would make it useful and have a whole lot more people trialing Braina"

You've already stated "We can also customize Braina for you, so that it can also find .ots file type" so the next step would be if braina can search for .ots file type "in a specific location", is that possible please?

saurav

@mikehende  Yes, we can definitely customize Braina so that it can search for .ots file type in a specific location. You should have received an email from us. Please send further messages through email. Thanks.

mikehende

I just got this reply from the sales team:

"Yes, we can definitely customize Braina Pro so that it can search for all .ots file type in a specific location. How soon do you expect your customized version to be ready? Are there any other requirements?"

So I will take it from here, thanks for the help Saurav.

mikehende

Hello Saurav, sSo it's been over one year but never heard back from the sales team on this topic so my guess is it could be done and that is why they never responded? Just checking here again to see if there has been any progress with braina and if I might finally be able to achieve what I want now with braina?

saurav

@mikehende Please contact our support team on email for customization request.

mikehende

Hello Saurav, I emailed the support team but no response as usual as of this writing.

saurav

Please check again. You should have received a reply.