News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

Braina stops responding to voice commands...

Started by David, Sep 30, 2015, 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

When is a new version expected to be released?   This version stops responding very shortly after you launch voice commands.
I'm getting annoyed...  The program worked very well until the upgrade.
So, again.... when will this issue be resolved???

saurav

Hi David, we are unable to reproduce the problem that you are facing on our system. This problem isn't related to any changes made in the upgrade. You can download the older version from this link: http://download.cnet.com/Braina/3001-7239_4-76145412.html?hlndr=1 but we don't think this is going to solve the issue that you are facing. Our development team is working on this. Meanwhile, you can use our Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brainasoft.braina to give voice commands.

The new version is expected to be launched in the first week of October.

jbarnesii8

I just bought it and mine is doing it too. 

saurav

@jbarnesii8 @David We will need your help to fix this issue as we are not able to reproduce this problem on our system. You will receive an email from us soon.

David

Email sent ...with screen shot.  What happens if you can't duplicate the error?  How long will this take?  What changes did you make that could have triggered this error when you released the version before this last one?  Obviously some code changes had to have been made that is conflicting with the voice recognition. 

Still awaiting a solution.

David

Now it's worse than ever.  You speak "start listening"  and it opens.  Then if you don't speak IMMEDIATELY.... it cuts off voice commands and says "No speech was detected. You may need to adjust your microphone settings.". 

This is bullcrap.  I'm hitting F5 again and again and again.  It NEVER makes it to more than 2 or 3 commands, and NOW, if there's any kind of pause or silence.. you get :

"No speech was detected. You may need to adjust your microphone settings." and it crashes Voice Recognition.

C'mon, people.  Please.  Find a solution.  I would rather see you revert back to TWO versions ago than to see this software crash and burn like this.

saurav

@David Thanks for sending the screenshots. We have made some changes according to your feedback to fix the "No speech was detected" error. Hope this will solve the problem you are facing. You will also receive an email from our development team soon.

David

I'm still waiting for that email. 

Also, is there a fix, yet?

saurav

We have fixed the problem. Have you checked the speech recognition now? Are you still receiving "No speech was detected" error?

David

This is not resolved... it's still doing it. Takes longer, but it still disconnects after 10 or 15 minutes with the same error.

saurav

Does it disconnects after 10 or 15 minutes of inactivity?

David

It does, but it also stops responding even sooner, most times. 

David

I even moved the program to a new computer... and it's doing the same thing. I can't see how this can be a random computer thing, because I had it on an old machine running XP and now it's on a new machine that I upgraded to Windows 10 as soon as I got it out of the box.

Brainasoft Team

@David Speech recognition gets disconnected because it is programmed to stop after some period of inactivity. But if you are still receiving "No speech was detected" error then you are facing a different problem. You will need to open Speech Recognition window, press Shift+f5 keys together and try again. If problem persists then you might need to check your microphone settings as shown in this post: http://www.brainasoft.com/braina/community/index.php/topic,60.msg240.html#msg240

Note: If you have an Android device then you are advised to use Braina's android app to give voice commands to your PC as it is portable, more comfortable and accurate method of giving voice commands rather than using a microphone connected to your computer.