Performing Multiple Tasks with a single Custom Command

Started by Sean, Sep 25, 2015, 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

I tried custom commands but they are single commands only it appears.  I can not string multiple commands together in the voice portion only in coding the command.  So if I have a command to open a file "open special" and another to modify that file "modify file" I can't say open special modify file.  It won't respond to either.  The command has to be the only words spoken.  Also it appears if you have an activation prefix that most custom commands won't work either unless that prefix is part of the command?  This severely limits the functionality of this application.

What I am trying to do and it looks like I can not do it with the current custom command setup is take the text I speak and output it to a text file and save each time I speak.  Very similar to dictation but since custom commands don't work in dictation I can't even create one to save after each phrase.

press {appactivate Notepad}+(abcd)abcd  

I have tried the above examples and they only work again when there is no prefix involved and its the only command spoken.  If custom commands are supposed to work within a larger phrase that is not working.

So is there any way to take the phrase Braina thinks I am saving and just output it to a text file each time?

saurav

@Sean We are not able to clearly understand your post but we are trying to answer what we have understood below:

1) It seems that you want to perform multiple functions using custom command. You can achieve it by specifying multiple commands separated by a period or full stop i.e. "." while specifying the command to be executed. For example if you want to open Facebook, Google and Yahoo using a custom command named "open websites" then you may specify command name and command to be executed as shown in the images below:

Alternatively, you may also separate commands using "and" instead of a period as shown in the image below:

Please note that we have specified the complete URL to open Yahoo while in the case of Facebook and Google, we have just specified "Open Facebook" and "Open Google". This is because "Open Facebook" and "Open Google" are in-built commands.

2) Your second problem seems to be with speaking activation prefix each time you give command. You can solve this by disabling activation prefix option. Go to Tools menu -> Settings and uncheck "Enable Voice Command Activation Prefix" option and click on Ok. Done.

In the next version of Braina, the Activation prefix feature is going to be replaced with Activation Phrase feature. Activation phrase feature will be useful in activating Braina's window and starting speech recognition without having to press the microphone button.

3) It also seems that you want to save your file each time you dictate some text into it. Why do you want to save your file so frequently? When you have completed dictation, you can simply switch back to command mode by speaking "Dictation mode off" and give "Save File" command to save it. Anyway, we have forwarded this request to our developer team. Lets see if they can add a command or activation prefix in dictation mode which temporarily switches Braina back to the command mode to accept a single command and then automatically switches it back to the dictation mode.

We are not able to understand the rest part of your post, especially this question: "So is there any way to take the phrase Braina thinks I am saving and just output it to a text file each time?" Please try to rephrase it.

Sean

Thank you for the response I had seen the post's about the custom commands and some worked and other did not, not sure why.  As for the text file this is what I'm trying to achieve with your software.

I would like the software to always be running in the background but only a key phrase will trigger it's processing just like cortana does.  So I could set that phrase to a single work like star trek: Computer or Jarvis or anything. 

You have the prefix setup and I can speak that and a full command but I would like the phrase I am speaking to be outputted to a text file.  I'm not looking for dictation really because I just need the speech recognition portion to correct it and analyze it to a proper phrase and then just save that phrase.

So I would say: Jarvis, I would like to know what is on my to do list.

Braina would recognize the key phrase 'Jarvis' and then capture the rest of the phrase properly and accurately (which briana has really good speech recognition and correction) and then just either have it stored in the 'copy command' or directly outputted to a text file the "I would like to know what is on my to do list."

I saw the custom commands you could use the CTL-c for copy but there is no where to copy the final phrase braina is processing for me. 

I don't need the rest of the logic or processing of the commands yet as they are still working on that.  I am trying to create a log of every phrase that is processed for tracking the use in my house with my kids.

Thanks,
Sean

saurav

@Sean It seems that you want to save the conversation log (the things your kids are talking with Braina) to a file. In this case, you can simply press Ctrl+S key on Braina's window to save it. If you want to automate this task then you can use keyboard macros and schedule tasks feature together as follows:

1) Give the following command:Schedule task to press ^(%{S}){DELAY=500}{APPACTIVATE Braina *}^(s) in 1 minute

2) Then give this command: Show all Scheduled Tasks Click on the "update" link. This will open "Edit Schedule Tasks" dialog box. Select the option "After Every Interval of" and click on OK.

Now for the first time you will have to manually press Ctrl+S and give a filename to save the conversation log. But then your file will be updated every 1 minute with the conversation log automatically. You can even change the time frequency for this.

Similarly, you can use the schedule task feature to save your file if you are using the dictation mode.

Sean

Is there any command we can use in the custom commands that would trigger when Braina registers you stop talking.  This way I could process a custom command after Braina registers you stopped talking but before it processes?

In essence I have other programs and applications that I would like to tie into with Braina but not have Braina process that command itself.

For example:

I have a fiance program I wrote in VB that takes command line arguments so I can automate certain things.  So I just enter the cmd line and call the program and it updates everything in the right location in excel and process, etc.....

I would love to make that voice activated but for that I would need to say the cmd line with my arguments and once Braina registers I stopped talking to do the following steps:

1.) check for a keyword (finances, etc...) that if that is there then it will process the cmd through finances otherwise Braina tries to process it itself.
2.) If the keyword is there then just call the cmd line program and parse/put the command I just spoke into cmd or a text file to process.  I can parse it myself I just need to copy the entire command Braina registered I said without the timing listed above otherwise I have to wait inbetween.  Also if the keyword is there then Braina doesn't try to process this command itself so I don't have to listen to its response asking me to repeat myself or it doesn't understand.

I have many side applications I would love to tie in this way and still use Braina for all the features it has but I don't see this capability in Braina. 

Am I missing a way to do this, could it be added, or am I out of luck?

I need a good voice recognition program that I can manipulate with macros fully like the default windows speech recognition program.  Sadly the WSR default program has poor voice recognition and doesn't have many features built in.  I was hoping Braina had this same macro capability like test the incoming command and do different things with it before the main program processes it or not but with very good and accurate voice recognition.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this.  If it can only be done with the timing please let me know as that will not work for what I need as I need the trigger of when each command is done otherwise things will over lap and it won't work effectively.

Thanks.

saurav

Hi @Sean,

You can achieve this in Braina if you don't have to supply variable command arguments each time. When creating the custom command, you simply need to enter the command line you want to execute after the "cmd:" prefix. For example, check this post: http://www.brainasoft.com/braina/community/index.php/topic,43.msg150.html#msg150 . It shows how to execute system's "shutdown" command but similarly you can execute any command line programs by specifying its path.

Sean

Yes but for the other applications to work I need the variable arguments. =(  That is why I was hoping maybe there was something I was missing.  For instance the WSR program you can create a macro that uses the /listen flag and just trap [...] and it traps all the text until the listening stops.  But again the voice recognition portion of WSR is not very good. =(

Sean

So no go on my request?

saurav

@Sean We are working on it. The feature will be added in Braina Ultimate version which will be released next year. Thank you :)

Sean

Has this suggestion been incorporated yet?  I was wondering when the ultimate version is going to be released?  I am very excited and eager to try this option with my other programs.

saurav

@Sean Ultimate version will be launched in the end of this year. (Not before September)

Sean

Just checking on the status of the ultimate version as it is after september and I have been anxiously waiting a long time for this update.

David

In the next version of Braina, the Activation prefix feature is going to be replaced with Activation Phrase feature.

That is not a good idea.  We need that prefix for a number of reasons.  Please don't keep changing things that are ALREADY working fine. I would much rather see you fix things that need fixing.