News:

Artificial Brain feature is now activated.

Main Menu

Grocery List

Started by Jim, Feb 12, 2015, 02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

One of the computer related tools I recently created was a grocery list. We have a NAS that any family member can connect to with our phones or laptops so we can add items to the grocery list at any time. Then I can use the compiled list when I'm at the grocery store and this has prevented all those "Dad, when are you going to the grocery store? Can you get me some...." problems. If you think of it at 4:15 and I arrive at the grocery store at 4:20 you will get what you need. I'm hoping Braina's developers will help me to use this system to have Braina also add and maybe even remove items from my grocery list. I have emailed them with the request. I am already impressed with this program's ability and looking forward to watching it develop into a powerful and useful tool. Keep up the good work.

Brainasoft Team

Thank you for the suggestion. We are developing this feature and it is already available in Braina as a hidden feature. It is still in alpha stage and the feature is limited to strict commands and may be buggy but here is how can you create a Grocery list in Braina:

Creating Grocery List
Add Rice to Grocery listAdd Brown Bread to Grocery listAdd Olive Oil to Grocery listViewing the list
Grocery listRemoving an item from the Grocery list
Remove Rice from Grocery list

Similary, you can create any other list such as Todo list.

Frank

Thank you for letting us know about lists. Its a good feature. Also add clickable links for deleting and updating as it is available with Notes.

Jim

I did stumble upon this Grocery List feature as I was adding custom commands to do this. My problem is this list is somewhere on my computer at home and I am at the grocery store. I need to be able to store the list as a text file on my network so I have access to it from my phone or any computer with internet access.

Brainasoft Team

@Frank Thank you for your suggestion.

@Jim We will work upon it and add the save to file feature for lists soon. :)

Franck E

This indeed can be a great feature, but not entirely sure that a save to file function is the best way forward. Instead, a shared area between computers(s)  / mobile phone(s) might be a much nicer approach.
Just a suggestion tho.. :)

Brainasoft Team

@Jim We just found out that grocery list (or any other list) can be saved to a text file following these simple:
Type "cls. Grocery List" (without quotes). Executing this command will clear everything on the screen and only show the Grocery list. Now you can press Ctrl+S keys to open "Save Conversation As" dialog box through which you will be able to save the grocery list as a text file.

Brainasoft Team

@Franck E We are already developing Braina by keeping Internet of Things approach in mind so that information can be shared between multiple devices. Braina's mobile app is under development and the users will be able to share information from PC to mobile devices and vice versa when it is launched.

Jim

Are we still working on a user created sharable file location for the grocery list? Something like D:\Braina\GroceryList.txt that could be edited manually or by using Braina.

saurav

@Jim As we mentioned earlier, grocery list (or any other list) can be saved to a text file following these simple:
Type "cls. Grocery List" (without quotes). Executing this command will clear everything on the screen and only show the Grocery list.
Now you can press Ctrl+S keys to open "Save Conversation As" dialog box through which you will be able to save the grocery list as a text file by giving any name such as "grocery.txt".

Jim

That's not much help when I'm at the grocery store and all I have is access to files on my NAS. How hard could it be to just dedicate a txt file as the storage of the list? It has to be stored somewhere. Why so secret?

saurav

@Jim The real list database file is encrypted because of security and privacy reasons and cannot be accessed directly. But we are working to create multi-platform phone app from where you will be able to access lists, notes and reminders on the go.

Jim

That makes about as much sense as putting your toilet paper in a password protected box next to the toilet. An encrypted grocery list. Well I can die now because I have heard it all. ;D

saurav

@Jim It is not only grocery list that can be created in Braina. Users can create todo list, password list or any list they wish. If we just store them in plain text file, any unauthorized person or a spyware can access that data. We understand that grocery list on PC isn't much helpful when its not available on the go and that's the reason we are developing mobile app so that users can access the grocery list when they are at the grocery store.

Jim

I would like to know how you plan to make this very secrete and secure database information available to my cell phone when my computer is at home and turned off?