News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

Error when dictating apostrophe

Started by gorfreed, Feb 16, 2018, 02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorfreed

I have purchased Braina yesterday and as you can see the voice recognition is working as I#m typing this text via voice. However, as you can also see there#s an issue whenever I dictate an #

Instead of ' it will always output #. I have checked any regional settings on my PC and switch them to default English however with the same result. The software is not blocked by any antivirus programs and is running as administrator. Please advise.   

saurav

We are unable to reproduce it. Please send us your system details. When you speak apostrophe is Braina detecting it exactly as "apostrophe" in the speech recognition window?

Meanwhile, you can try creating a Voice Recognition Alias for apostrophe.

gorfreed

Braina will output "#" even when I dictate the word "apostrophe" individually! The bug happens in any window, no matter if its Chrome, the Braina dictation window or Windows file explorer.

What system info do you need specifically? I am on Windows 10 1709. There are no other third-party tools or extensions running in the background. I am happy to show it to you via remote session.

gorfreed

I just noticed that Braina does also incorrectly output "@" as "Q", which is the key to press with Alt for "@" on German keyboards.

This seems to be a keyboard-related issue. Is Braina not working with German keyboards?

gorfreed

I appreciate a solution to the matter. I am very sure by now that it is related to Windows' keyboard language settings. I hope Braina does not require manual switching the keyboard language to English whenever I want to dictate English. That would make it completely unusable for me.

saurav

We have forwarded this issue to our development team. They will come up with a fix in next update. Thanks.

gorfreed

gorfreed

Has there been any progress on resolving the bug?

saurav

@gorfreed This issue will be resolved in next update. It will be released within a month.