News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

Skype commands not working again

Started by David, Feb 06, 2018, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

When I try to call a phone number...whether I ask braina to dial a number or a name... it tells me it can't find Skype on the computer.  However... when i ask for the path to Skype... or ask it to open Skype... the path is correct and it opens Skype.  It just won't call a number for me when I request it.   This happened once before, if I recall correctly... and you fixed the problem.  Now the same problem is back.  Help?  I need this feature to work.

David

It's odd.... every time we upgrade... Braina can't find paths that it actually knows.

David

Still waiting for a response, here. HELLO?

saurav

Our team is looking in this matter. If you need an urgent solution then please email on our support email address with link to this forum post.

saurav

Skype calling support has been discontinued.

David

So.... in other words... you can't figure out how to fix it? Why has it been discontinued?  This is one of the main features I wanted and it's one reason why I bought a subscription. 

saurav

It has been discontinued because Windows OS has stopped providing support for it. If you have Windows OS version lower than Windows 10 then you can fix it yourself by following steps below:

Braina looks for Skype's path in the following Windows Registry locations: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Skype\Phone and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Skype\Phone

Braina gets the path of Skype's executable file from the SkypePath key's value. You can open these paths in Registry editor and check whether SkypePath key exists in both locations. If it doesn't then you can create it manually and set Skype's exe file path as value. Quit and restart Braina. Skype calling feature should work now.