Any ideas why the connection is dropping all of a sudden

Started by demond0jones, Sep 04, 2017, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demond0jones

I am experiencing the following error: Network connection error. Please assure that you are connected to the Internet and click on the microphone icon.

I will start up Braina and the mic to begin giving commands and sometimes as short as 2mins the connection to use the mic drops.  All other connections are just fine and this issue just started. 

Any ideas or any changes made that could have caused this to start possibly?  The only noticeable change that I've seen when this started was the ability to change the language on the fly.

Horrux

I am wondering the same thing, as I am having this error as well. I am a new user.

Horrux

Again today... Can't convert speech to text more than a minute or two of speech before it stops. And my connection is extremely stable... What gives, Braina?

saurav

Please follow the steps below:

1) Click on the microphone button to open speech recognition popup window.
2) Press Shift+F5 together with focus on the speech recognition window to refresh it.
3) Use speech to text to test. Now you should not encounter this error.

Regards.

David

Until 5 minutes later when you have to hit F5 again.

Horrux

Yes, I fail to understand how this is supposed to work... Are we required to press shift+f5 every 5 minutes while Braina is working?

I need something that will S2T a full 90 minute lecture without babysitting.

Now I am getting:

error 414 Request-URI Too Large

nginx/1.12.1

saurav

URI too large error is shown when you have converted more than 8000 characters of speech to text. Press F5 to refresh the window. This limit will be removed soon index in next update  .

demond0jones

Has this limit been removed?  I still notice that unless it is completely silent in the house and I try to use Braina, I have to refresh.  If the television is running and Braina picks up the sound, I am unable to use Braina without refreshing the window.

David

"I still notice that unless it is completely silent in the house and I try to use Braina, I have to refresh.  If the television is running and Braina picks up the sound, I am unable to use Braina without refreshing the window."

You're lucky... I have to refresh the window after every 2 or 3 commands.   It just goes dead on me...