News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

[Solved] Problems with Braina's new update version 1.36

Started by David, Oct 05, 2016, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Well... I've tried all your examples of all the new and wonderful things you added to Braina... and this is the result:

You: Who is husband of Hillary Clinton?

Braina: I don't know about husband of Hillary Clinton.

You: Who are children of Bill Gates?

Braina: I don't know. Can you tell me?

You: Gender of Lady Gaga

Braina: What was that?

The list goes on and on, but... I followed your "examples" that you listed... and clearly... they don't work.

Also.. where are the bugfixes from all the other items we mentioned over the last 6 months?  Are you abandoning Braina or too busy building your new software?  What's going on?

saurav

@David  It seems that the needed files are missing from your system. You will need to uninstall and re-install the latest version 1.36 as an administrator. We have no plans to abandon Braina. Braina is our flagship product and we will be releasing even more frequent updates in coming time.

David

Okay... I uninstalled it.... re-installed it... as admin.  Same result.  Except NOW I get an error saying voice recognition files are not loading properly and to re-install Braina. So I did it again... and the same thing happened. 

and the "new features" you added to this update.... do not work.

David

And here we go again.  It says I have the new version installed.  Yet... no new features... and now... NO SPEECH recognition, either.  Thanks for the terrific update... it just killed my features and months of customization. 

saurav

@David We follow a standard procedure when we update Braina. Before releasing the update to the public, we test Braina on different machines with different OS and system configuration. But we cannot test it by emulating the system environment of each of our user. The latest update works fine on all our systems. There are various external factors which may be creating the problem. For example, an antivirus software on your PC may be denying Braina access to execute a module. In order to fix this we need your co-operation. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Disable any antirus and firewall software.
2) Quit Braina
3) Go to installation directory and delete Braina.exe
4) Download Braina.exe from this location : https://www.brainasoft.com/braina/Braina.exe
5) Copy this new downloaded Braina.exe to the installation folder.
6) Open Braina and take the screenshot of the voice recognition component error shown and send us. It will show addition information like error code and file path.

David

After doing this... speech recognition is back... but... the new features are still not working.  Here is the error:

You: Who is husband of Hillary Clinton?

Baby: Error retrieving file: 99 is a husband of Hillary Clinton.

David

This is what it's looking like.

Also, please note it still mispronounces my state as "Pennsylvanioa".  I live in "Pennsylvania".  Wondering if that's ever going to get fixed??

saurav

@David Please quit Braina, download and copy the following two files in the installation directory, open Braina and check the new features.

1) https://www.brainasoft.com/braina/libeay32.dll

2) https://www.brainasoft.com/braina/ssleay32.dll

David

The examples you gave for the new features... work.   But... what about questions outside of those examples?

For example... I asked the following:

You: Gender of John Lennon

Baby: You should rephrase that to make me understand.
Click here to search your input on the web.

That was the response...

I asked another question:

You: Who are children of John Lennon?

Baby: I really don't know.

So.. what good are these new features? 

saurav

@David It is working here. Please check the attached image.

saurav

@David Please go to Tools menu -> Update Profile and change your city/town to "Honey Brook, Pennsylvania" (without quotes) and click on update profile button.

saurav

1) Fix for "unable to load speech recognition components" error: Create exception for Braina.exe and bhp.exe in your antivirus and firewall software

2) Fix for Knowledge Graph feature: Download and install latest build of Braina i.e. 1.361 from this link: https://www.brainasoft.com/braina/buy/download-lite.html

David

"1) Fix for "unable to load speech recognition components" error: Create exception for Braina.exe and bhp.exe in your antivirus and firewall software"

Did that.  Was already there, so I did it AGAIN.  Again...NO DIFFERENCE.  DIDN'T WORK.

"2) Fix for Knowledge Graph feature: Download and install latest build of Braina i.e. 1.361 from this link: https://www.brainasoft.com/braina/buy/download-lite.html"

Done.  And this is the RESULT!!!

David

Instead of telling me what to do... when I've already done it...  or showing me screenshots and saying "see... it works on OUR machines"... or telling me I didn't install the program properly when I DID...

why don't you fix your buggy program.... and make it install and work PROPERLY. Now THERE'S an idea!

saurav

@David  Yesterday you said that speech recognition is working after following the steps. Has it stopped working again?

We didn't say that you didn't install the program properly. You are doing it right but external factors may be causing the problem. If there are bugs in the program, it should not work for all users (more than 1,00,000).

Receiving the error that "phonon4.dll is missing from your computer" does not mean that there is a bug in the program. It means that either the installation has not been completed properly (We are not saying that you are doing it wrong) or Braina is not having access to this file on your system. We supply this file in our installer and it should be visible in the Braina's installation directory. If it is not there then you need to re-install Braina. If "phonon4.dll" is present there and still you are receiving this error then it means Braina is not getting access to this file on your computer.

If "phonon4.dll" is present in the installation directory then try launching the program by double clicking on the Braina.exe from the installation directory itself.