News:

Check out Braina's new Standalone AI Chat Android App : Chat GPT alternative

Main Menu

Change open file response

Started by knight2000, Jun 16, 2016, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knight2000

Hello,

Is there a way to change the "opening file" response that braina gives when opening a file? I tried creating a custom command but that didnt work.

saurav

@knight2000 Hello,

Yes, it is possible to change the "opening file" response using custom commands. Please check the following tutorial : http://blog.brainasoft.com/2015/04/custom-replies-for-custom-commands.html

knight2000

Thank you for the link saurav!

Unfortunately the echo portion doesn't work. When I add the following custom reply Open C:\my-path and clear your reply and echo <font color="green">hello</font> it just says "opening file" still. However if I remove the echo part then the reply is blank. I have the latest version of braina installed

saurav

Please try the following:

Open C:\my-path and clear your reply. echo <font color="green">hello</font>

knight2000

Thanks a bunch!! Adding the period and removing the second "and" worked!

knight2000

One more thing, how can i close a program using the custom command? I tried doing the opposite which was to add "close" instead of "open" like below

close C:\my-path and clear your reply. echo <font color="green">hello</font>

but that didnt work.

saurav

@knight2000 You need to specify program title instead of program path for closing it. e.g. Close Notepad

knight2000

Is there a way to set a custom command to close a program? something like "close program-name and clear your reply. echo some-response

saurav

Yes, For e.g., if you want to close Notepad, try following custom command:

close Notepad and clear your reply. echo <font color="green">hello</font>

knight2000

@saurav Thanks for all the help you've given me .

The close command is not working for me. Does it search the entire computer for the title to close? i have a hardware monitor program located in a child folder on the desktop. so the structure looks like this Desktop > programs > hardwareMonitor > hardwareMonitor.exe

I created the following custom command to execute

close hardwareMonitor

but no luck

also tried
close path-to-hardwareMonitor.exe

but no luck.

saurav

@knight2000 Does hardwareMonitor.exe have a UI Window or is it just a hidden background process? Only programs with a window can be closed. Also hardwareMonitor seems to be program file name rather than program title. Program title can be seen in the title bar of the window. For example, Braina has a title i.e. "Braina - Human Language Interface". You can also specify a part of the program title. For example, Close Human Language will also close Braina.

knight2000

Yep, tried it using the title and it worked! Thanks again for all your help! Greatly appreciated!