Got an error while finding weather information.

Started by David, May 26, 2016, 01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Why is it saying "Got an error while finding weather information."?

Been doing that for a few days now...

saurav

@David This generally happens when the city name is mistyped while creating profile. Please go to Tools menu -> Update Profile, check whether the city field is correct and click on Update Profile. If you still receive error message, please let us know the name of the city/town for which you are trying to find weather information.

David

It's currently saying "Current Weather Conditions In Honey Brook Pennsylvania are 'greater than less than slash greater than less than....."  etc.

Wanna tell me what that's all about?

saurav

@David Please go to Settings -> Voice tab , uncheck "Synchronous Voice" and click on Ok.

David

If i do that then I can't hear Braina's voice at all.   I reported that a long time ago, but it was never resolved.

David

You were the ones who told me to CHECK that option to get it to work.  Now you're telling me to UNCHECK it... and when I do, I don't hear Braina's voice at all.  Seems I can't win... and I'm the CUSTOMER.

saurav

@David Can you please browse to "C:\Windows\System32\Speech\Common" and check whether sapi.dll file exists there? If it exists then please right click on it, select properties , select Details tab and send us the screenshot.

saurav

@David Thank you for the screenshot. We can notice that the SAPI dll (Microsoft Text to Speech engine) version you have on your system is an older version. We are not sure if this is the reason why you can't hear the voice when you uncheck the "Synchronous voice" option. I am attaching the screenshot of the SAPI dll properties of our system. Anyway, we can reproduce your problem and can hear "greater than less than slash greater than less than" while querying for the weather information when the "Synchronous voice" option is enabled and we will fix it soon.

David

While we're on the topic.  Braina is mis-spelling my state when I ask it for the weather.  I live in Pennsylvania.  It's pronouncing and spelling it "Pennsylvanioa".   How do I correct this?  It's annoying that it doesn't seem to know my own state.

saurav

@David Please follow the steps below

1) Quit Braina and Browse to Braina installation directory (generally Program Files x86) and delete Braina.exe file

2) Download this file: https://www.brainasoft.com/braina/Braina.exe and copy it to the Braina installation directory.

3) Open Braina and check whether Braina speaks  'greater than less than slash greater than less than....." when asked for weather now.

David

saurav

@David We fixed a rare problem with Synchronous voice option which was specific to some computer system.